Museum seeks volunteers for ambitious project

Posted by Geeky Swedes on April 30th, 2009

The Nordic Heritage Museum is looking for volunteers to help with their new oral history initiative, “Nordic American Voices.” The ambitious plan is to record the life histories of Nordic immigrants and their descendants to the Pacific Northwest, focusing on WWII occupation and resistance. A 15-member steering committee, with representatives from each of the five major Nordic heritage groups, will guide the project. The early goal is to publish a new, expanded version of the popular book “Voices of Ballard: Immigrant Stories from the Vanishing Generation” which was written and published in 2001. This project needs volunteers to be successful. For those interested in helping out, there is a training session this Saturday, May 2 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Contact Janet Rauscher at janetr@nordicmuseum.org or 206-789-5707, ext. 35.

• 1 Edog // Apr 30, 2009 at 10:08 pm

I knew someone who helped author a guide for collecting oral history. I never read their finished product, but my understanding is that this is trickier than many people think.

• 2 Mondoman // May 1, 2009 at 4:29 am

Too bad it's at the same time as the Marvin's Garden area cleanup!

• 3 Rolando Jarnutowski // Oct 21, 2014 at 12:39 am

Well I really enjoyed studying it. This tip procured by you is very constructive for proper planning.

• 4 Melda Moroles // Oct 22, 2014 at 10:34 am

In the great scheme of things you receive a B+ for hard work. Where exactly you actually misplaced me was in your specifics. You know

• 5 cheap facebook fans // Oct 24, 2014 at 8:25 pm

A place for everything and my way through its place

• 6 television sets // Oct 24, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Hey Guru, what entice you to publish a write-up. This text once were extraordinarily fascinating, especially just because that I needed ideas in this particular subject last Thursday.