All new Ray’s to-go

Posted by Geeky Swedes on June 29th, 2009

On summer days, it can be challenging to get a quick table at Ray’s Cafe.

Now they’re offering “Ray’s To Go,” an abbreviated menu for those who just want some quick grub. “Since the departure of Gordo’s, we’ve noticed there really isn’t a burger/fish&chips option close to Golden Gardens,” Lori Maguro of Ray’s emailed us. The take out menu is available everyday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Items include Ray’s Clam Chowder, the Ahi Tuna Ni├žoise Salad, Ling Cod Fish & Chips, Grilled Salmon Burger, Cafe Cheeseburger and the Sunshine Cookie Bag. You can either call ahead (206-789-3770 ext. 3) or just stop by.

• 1 50intheclip // Jun 29, 2009 at 4:38 pm

isnt little coney still right next to golden gardens? Paseo is better than fish and chips anyday.

• 2 johneddy // Jun 29, 2009 at 4:49 pm

I was thinking the same thing about Little Coney.

And definitely. I was sad to see Gordo's go, but wasn't at all upset about Paseo moving in.

• 3 Cosmo King // Jun 29, 2009 at 6:38 pm

Little Coney kind of sucks if you ask me… Paseo is way better, and for fish and chips Totem House is the best in Seattle! (in my humble opinion :)

Still a quick/convenient access to Ray's sounds good.

Now when will someone wise up and put a bar/restaurant back at Shilshole? Is 1,500 hungry boaters not enough of a captive audience for someone to build a sailor's bar? I may just have to do it myself!

• 4 Ernie_98107 // Jun 29, 2009 at 6:44 pm

If you do, I'll be your first customer.

• 5 NoraBell // Jun 29, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Ditto that, Cosmo King.
    There was a place (think it was called Charlie's) that was perfect. Big, dark bar inside (with a restaurant on the other side) and a big deck outside.
    It's gone now and nothing at Shilshole comes even close to what that place was.

• 6 LBB // Jul 1, 2009 at 3:54 am

Charlie's rocked! They had a great burger special too. It would have been nice to go there without all the smoke too – but we braved it for the burgers

• 7 BTown // Jul 1, 2009 at 6:16 am

Heh… Little Coney? Lock Spot? I think that what they wanted to say, it hey senior citizens next door… we've got your fish and chips here and you can even pick it up on your Rascal.

• 8 NoraBell // Jul 1, 2009 at 4:45 pm

Yeah the food was good, the drinks were a 'free pour', and it was fun trying to read the pull tabs in the bar's darkness. There is nothing like that in Shilshole anymore.

• 9 Asha // Jul 7, 2009 at 10:06 pm

Say what you will about Little Coney's, but they have amazing soft serve and their fries and corn dogs are yummy. I would rather patronize a family-run place like that any day over Ray's – which is overpriced and the food “meh”.