Scenes from the My Ballard community meetup

Posted by Geeky Swedes on June 30th, 2009

Thank you everyone who stopped by Bergen Place this evening to say hello!

It was our first-ever My Ballard meetup, and as a community-powered site, we were excited to meet many of our readers and contributors.

Many people stopped by to meet other My Ballard readers. “Who are you in the forum?” was a common question we heard.

DJ Disco Vinnie from Romanza lit up Bergen Place with 70′s and 80′s tunes.

And Dante served up his famous Inferno Dogs.

Folks picked up Tuesdays in Ballard maps and T-shirts from Friends of Bergen Place and Loyal Heights Block Watch. Our thanks to the In Ballard Merchant Association, Friends of Bergen Place and Marvin’s Garden, Neighborhood District Coordinator Rob Mattson and Seattle Parks for helping us throw the event! (Romanza and Dante are My Ballard advertisers.)

• 1 NoraBell // Jul 1, 2009 at 5:41 am

Oh, wish I'd met up with the Geeky Swedes! My mom was itching to get to the new French place so we didn't stick around. Next time. :-)
    I wanted to thank them in person for helping with the Discus stuff. Let me know where you'll be next week, guys!

• 2 David Anthony Tobin Bentler // Jul 1, 2009 at 6:04 am

Great work with the meetup! It was a great party! Thanks for being such a great part of Ballard and helping us kickoff Tuesdays in Ballard. Here is to bigger and better Tuesdays this summer!

• 3 boardbrown // Jul 1, 2009 at 6:08 am

Sorry I missed it. Family duties…

• 4 Meghan O'Connor // Jul 1, 2009 at 6:17 am

1- Those hotdogs rock! (and thank heavens I'm not in the pics.)
    2-I then went and tried that ice cream in a bun thing at Snacks. Sounds wierd, but OMG it tasted so good! I never would have guessed it would be that tasty.

• 5 KB_Soberdog // Jul 1, 2009 at 6:28 am

Great meetup! DJ Vinnie rocked the fuzzy white knee-hi platforms, met some great peeps from the forum and several dogs too! Thanks to the Geeky Swedes for puttin this on, and to Dante for the great dogs, and Romanza people for the music! Nice to finally put faces to names! Let's do it again sometime! (Oh and great to see you Silver! and great to hang out with Black Sheep also!)

• 6 Silver // Jul 1, 2009 at 3:12 pm

You were missed!

• 7 Silver // Jul 1, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Hi KB! Which one were you? It got confusing after a while…

• 8 Silver // Jul 1, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Congratulations, Geeky Swedes, on a happenin' shindig! Can't wait for the next one!

• 9 milo_dakkat // Jul 1, 2009 at 3:45 pm

I was sorry to miss it–I was planning to go but then an old friend came to town unexpectedly. I hope you guys do this again cuz I really want to go and meet the folks from my 'hood, in person and live.

• 10 NoraBell // Jul 1, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Actually, forgot I'll be out of town next Tuesday. Let us know when the next big MyBallard shindig is, Geeky Swedes! I'll mark it in the calendar.
    Sorry I only stayed long enough to scratch the head of somebody's dog and buy a block watch t-shirt.
    Nora Bell (aka Trix)

• 11 KB_Soberdog // Jul 1, 2009 at 5:47 pm

I'm the one in the yellow shirt the second picture down

• 12 KB_Soberdog // Jul 1, 2009 at 5:48 pm

Oh and I forgot, thanks for the dances, Silver and Gilman Girl!

• 13 gurple // Jul 1, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Good times! And good for business. John from Romanza told me about a wine tasting they were having, and I ended up heading down there afterward and buying a bottle.

• 14 Silver // Jul 1, 2009 at 6:10 pm

Oh for heavens sake. I only remember your initials and was thrown off by the _Soberdog part. ;-)

Hi KB!

• 15 Silver // Jul 1, 2009 at 6:11 pm

Gurple – did I meet you? Are you in the pictures?

• 16 gurple // Jul 1, 2009 at 6:17 pm

I think we met briefly. I was only there a few minutes, near 7:30 — stopped by after TKD class. I was carrying panniers and a bike helmet.

• 17 KB_Soberdog // Jul 1, 2009 at 6:21 pm

hahahaaa! Well my nickname in certain areas of my life is soberdog and
    I've had that for years, plus I couldn't remember my
    password on here and not sure why but just opened a new account rather
    than wait to get my password or whatever…jeez.

• 18 angelatini // Jul 1, 2009 at 7:00 pm

You were talking to gurple before I was, so yes, you met him. :) And thanks for the meaning of the name gurple! :)

• 19 angelatini // Jul 1, 2009 at 7:01 pm

I am sorry to have missed some of youze! milo dakkat and the artist formerly known as trix, in particular. I am pretty sure I have a good idea who Chopper is now. Did you talk to me Chopper, without giving your name? :)

• 20 NoraBell // Jul 1, 2009 at 8:08 pm

I'm sorry to have left without meeting anyone, Angelatini. The irony is that Bastille was really packed by then anyway. Mom and I ended up at Conor Byrnes. She never did get her frittes.
    Gilman Girl could pick me out of a lineup. I'm the one who made the dumb comment to her about name tags before rushing off.

• 21 angelatini // Jul 1, 2009 at 8:24 pm

Dang it, ya done picked the wrong night to go to Conor Byrne, too! I am singing at the Blues Jam tonight. :)

• 22 Edog // Jul 1, 2009 at 9:13 pm

Thanks Swedes it was a great party. I'm sure pulling it together was no easy feat!

Not only did I enjoy meeting everyone, but dog liked it too. Usually she can not stand still, but as we walked away, and waited for the light to change at the corner of market and 22nd, she looked back the entire time longingly. I could tell she wanted to stay!

• 23 KB_Soberdog // Jul 1, 2009 at 10:50 pm

Nice to meet you and Holly the cutest black dog in the world

• 24 Edog // Jul 1, 2009 at 10:55 pm

Nice to meet you too. p. s. (its molly!) Would that be your 10 year old in the pick?

• 25 NoraBell // Jul 1, 2009 at 11:01 pm

Well, shoot! Sorry I'm gunna miss that.

• 26 KB_Soberdog // Jul 1, 2009 at 11:38 pm

oh yeah, sorry, Molly! Yes that is Romeo

• 27 Black_Sheep // Jul 2, 2009 at 4:22 am

I'll second that you were missed, Boardbrown. Next time?

• 28 Black_Sheep // Jul 2, 2009 at 4:26 am

Nice to meet you, too, KB! Silver, I saw you on 15th today – too late to say anything…

• 29 Silver // Jul 2, 2009 at 7:03 am

I saw somebody that I thought looked like you today. Can't remember where, though. ;-) Were you with, like, 3 other people?

Wasn't it just a perfect day for a walk?

• 30 boardbrown // Jul 2, 2009 at 7:03 am

That's cuz Dante's f*ing rules!

• 31 Black_Sheep // Jul 2, 2009 at 4:54 pm

No, I was alone, waiting for the light to cross 15th. I had my hair up and you came from behind me, so I wasn't surprised that you didn't recognize me. It took a minute for my brain to catch up, so by the time I thought, “oh, hey, that's Silver, I should say hi”, you were way up the street. Next time!

And yes – the weather was beautiful.

• 32 angelatini // Jul 2, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Molly is a love and I want to pet her soft soft ears again! :) You were nice, too. hahaha

• 33 angelatini // Jul 2, 2009 at 5:46 pm

I will third it!
    p.s. BlackSheep rocks. Thx for coming to CB last night! :)

• 34 timwack // Jul 2, 2009 at 11:07 pm

Home Movies from the first “Tuesday Nights In Ballard”. Great job, oh Geeky ones….

• 35 Black_Sheep // Jul 3, 2009 at 7:59 pm

Thanks for inviting me, Angelatini! I had a good time.

I don't know if I rock or not, but I sure can't sing like you! Nicely done. :)