Ballard is home to ‘Best Brew Pub’

Posted by Geeky Swedes on September 25th, 2009

Sorry Capitol Hill, looks like Ballard has the best Brew Pub in town.

Earlier this week, Capitol Hill Seattle pointed us to the Washington Beer Blog poll that had their Elysian pub in a tight race with our Maritime Pacific and the Jolly Roger Taproom. We posted the story and it seems Ballard is proud of our little watering hole. As you can tell from the graph above, the Ballard joint jumped way out in front of the competition.

• 1 elena // Sep 25, 2009 at 9:50 pm

Maritime is good beer but I think alot of the reason it won is because Ballard has so many internet-philes that went and voted ;)

• 2 NoraBell // Sep 25, 2009 at 10:20 pm

You're probably right, elena. But Capitol Hill had the same opportunity. They had this blogged too. Maybe Ballard just cares more about beer.

• 3 JM // Sep 25, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Somebody had to win… what would have been the reasoning if Cap Hill had come out in front on the voting?

• 4 TTTCOTTH // Sep 25, 2009 at 10:28 pm

Yummmmm

Imperial IPA

• 5 watergirl // Sep 25, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Hey, if there's anything we know in Ballard, it's good beer! :-)

• 6 stopthebuzz // Sep 25, 2009 at 10:53 pm

That Elysian had received the most votes and therefore won?

• 7 -=AHB=- // Sep 25, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Purely because Georgetown Brewery doesn't have it's own pub yet (9lb Hammer not withstanding). However, looks like they're working on it. http://www.oskaarchitects.com/Projects/1359/Geo

• 8 jesse // Sep 25, 2009 at 11:21 pm

That's so cool! Now we should print up flyers and post them all over UW's campus so all the college kids can come out west and see us! Maybe even rent fancy apartments when they graduate!

• 9 Bill W. // Sep 26, 2009 at 3:10 am

In addition to good booze, Ballard (D-17) also has some excellent AA meetings.

• 10 NoraBell // Sep 26, 2009 at 3:52 am

One day at a time. :-)

• 11 Cdub // Sep 26, 2009 at 7:02 pm

Maritime does make good beer, but lately I have been going to SODO and getting beer at Two Beers Brewery. The beer is great and the setup is perfect for watching a game when the tasting room is open on Thursday and Friday afternoons.

• 12 sprint boost mobile // Nov 12, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of
    any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically
    tweet my newest twitter updates. I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe
    you would have some experience with something like this.
    Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and
    I look forward to your new updates.

• 13 sessions pin softshell hoodie // Nov 15, 2014 at 2:12 am

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.

Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we communicate?

• 14 handycam dcr sr58e // Nov 21, 2014 at 10:42 am

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and
    now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the
    same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Thanks a lot!

• 15 shirt borrelli new brown // Nov 23, 2014 at 11:21 am

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or
    something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other
    than that, this is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I’ll definitely
    be back.