Emergency fund set up for fire victims

A week ago, six people were displaced after a fire destroyed the four-plex at NW 67th St. near 23 Ave. NW. Two of the residents were injured. One jumped out a window, another ran through the fire to escape.

Ballard Realty is the property management company for the building and has set up an emergency fund for the victims. All funds donated will go towards medical expenses and helping the tenants find new homes.

You can donate to the emergency fund at:

Ballard Realty
1702 NW Market St.

or

Viking Bank
2237 NW 57th St
Account number: #1016041137

11
Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Kole
Guest
Kole

Good to know. Hope helps comes in. The man injured with burns is the brother of a co-worker so it’s close to home so to speak.

Spandex Boy
Guest
Spandex Boy

What’s their position on the trail?

Kelly
Guest
Kelly

Wow, how cool of the real estate company to do this. That’s fantastic.

Lisa McG
Guest
Lisa McG

Horrible fire – so glad to get info on how to help. A little bit from a lot of us would go a long way (hint, hint)

I’m a Ballard Realty property mgmt tenant, and I gotta say, I just love ’em. Good peeps, and I’m happy to see them do this.

ballard bitty
Guest
ballard bitty

yay for the locals to jump in and help!!! thanks BR and VB!

Lisa McG
Guest
Lisa McG

Ok, friendly challenge to my fellow Ballard Realty tenants to include a donation with their rent checks tomorrow! Any amount helps!
:)

Anon
Guest
Anon

I also saw a fund collection at Zak’s in Ballard.
Awesome way the community helps out!

The Norwegian
Guest
The Norwegian

If everybody here dropped off at least a $20 spot, it’d add up quite rapidly. Thanks for getting this info. to us. In cases of this nature, it DOES take a village, not a huge intrusive government that doesn’t care.

Anonymouse
Guest
Anonymouse

Not to rain the parade (four days late), but how does properly installed and up-to-code electrical wiring in a wall overheat to the point of starting a fire? If I lived in a Ballard Realty managed home, I’d be wondering about the state of my wiring.

Joel
Guest
Joel

To Anonymouse:

The properties the Ballard Realty manages are not owned by them. It is not their responsibility for the wiring, it’s the property owner. Ballard Realty has done a good thing here.

You ask “how does properly installed and up-to-code electrical wiring in a wall overheat to the point of starting a fire?” Have you never had anything fail in your life? Circuit breakers can go bad and cause issues like this.

Maybe you should go hop in your Prius and see how that works for you.

Lisa McG
Guest
Lisa McG

Thanks, Joel, for the clarification (Prius ending, notwithstanding).

I’ve lived in a Ballard Realty managed home for three years so far, and they’ve not only been receptive, responsible, efficient and professional, they’ve gone the extra mile for me more than once. My family AND the legal owner of the property are big fans.