Page Ahead Children’s Literacy Program is hosting its annual restaurant benefit, Dish Up Literacy, on Thursday. Eat at Smokin’ Pete’s BBQ or 12 other Seattle restaurants, and 20-percent of the proceeds will support literacy programs for children in need.
According to Page Ahead, 61 percent of low-income families have no books at all in their homes for children.
Page Ahead operates on one simple and astounding fact: growing up in a house with books is the foremost predictor of academic success in childhood—and a child who succeeds in school will remain there. Page Ahead is dedicated to helping children in need succeed in school by developing strong reading skills.
Participating restaurants include:
- Smokin’ Pete’s BBQ (Ballard) *dinner only
- Hopvine Pub (Capitol Hill)
- Tutta Bella (Columbia City, South Lake Union, Stone Way, Issaquah)
- Carmelita (Greenwood) *dinner only
- Barrio Restaurant (Madison Park)
- Rusty Pelican Café (Wallingford)
- Casa d’Italia (Wedgwood)
- Fiddler’s Inn (Wedgwood)
- Ten Mercer (Queen Anne)
- Barrio (Bellevue)