Stand-up paddleboard yoga

Posted by Meghan Walker on June 1st, 2011

A few days ago, a reader sent us some photos of people doing yoga on stand-up paddleboards. As it turns out, it’s part of a new class offered by WASUP Yoga.

WASUP Yoga is part of the Washington Surf Academy and Surf Ballard.  According to Andrew Drake from the Washington Surf Academy, “People are always looking for new and exciting ways to work out and yoga on paddleboards is a great way to achieve this.

Instead of taking a yoga class inside you get to enjoy your yoga practice in nature,” Drake wrote in an email.  “What other yoga class has harbor seals poking their heads up to watch you take a downward dog?  It also adds another dimension to the workout by needing to balance a bit more,” he added.

Photos by Andrew Drake

Co-owner Hasna Atry is an instructor for the floating yoga classes. In an email, she wrote, “When concentrating on staying afloat, incorporating breath and proper postural alignment, and maintaining connection with the nature that surrounds you, it’s virtually impossible to think about the future, past or any anxieties that may have occupied your thoughts before the practice.”

• 1 weight loss corset for stomach // Jan 2, 2015 at 5:58 am

10 repetitions every time you do crunches should bee
    enough to develop your gut. To add another sick twist, swing the dumbbells
    too overhead with each rep. My name is Gergana Ganeva andd I am the owner of website called Healthy Body Exercises at.

Here is my site weight loss corset for stomach

• 2 Wejdź // Jan 2, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Bardzo fajny blog, zapraszam do mnie.

• 3 Travis Traczyk // Jan 2, 2015 at 4:24 pm

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?

• 4 mini clip // Jan 2, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Between me and my husband we’ve owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I’ve settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.

• 5 miniclip 8 ball pool // Jan 2, 2015 at 5:24 pm

This is getting a bit more subjective, but I much prefer the Zune Marketplace. The interface is colorful, has more flair, and some cool features like ‘Mixview’ that let you quickly see related albums, songs, or other users related to what you’re listening to. Clicking on one of those will center on that item, and another set of “neighbors” will come into view, allowing you to navigate around exploring by similar artists, songs, or users. Speaking of users, the Zune “Social” is also great fun, letting you find others with shared tastes and becoming friends with them. You then can listen to a playlist created based on an amalgamation of what all your friends are listening to, which is also enjoyable. Those concerned with privacy will be relieved to know you can prevent the public from seeing your personal listening habits if you so choose.

• 6 Marvo Fivestarsz // Jan 3, 2015 at 7:55 am

Together with everything that appears to be building throughout this specific subject matter, your points of view are actually somewhat refreshing. Nevertheless, I beg your pardon, because I do not give credence to your entire strategy, all be it exciting none the less. It appears to me that your opinions are generally not completely validated and in actuality you are generally your self not thoroughly convinced of your point. In any event I did take pleasure in reading it.

• 7 Mastopexy Florida // Jan 4, 2015 at 3:28 am

Together with the whole thing which appears to be building inside this specific subject matter, many of your perspectives are generally fairly stimulating. Nonetheless, I am sorry, because I can not give credence to your entire plan, all be it stimulating none the less. It looks to everyone that your remarks are actually not entirely rationalized and in actuality you are yourself not fully confident of the argument. In any case I did appreciate reading it.

• 8 www.terrysacka.com // Jan 4, 2015 at 6:16 am

I do enjoy the way you have framed this difficulty plus it does supply me some fodder for consideration. Nevertheless, coming from what I have experienced, I just wish as the comments pile on that men and women remain on issue and don’t get started on a tirade of the news du jour. All the same, thank you for this fantastic piece and whilst I do not agree with it in totality, I respect your viewpoint.

• 9 classified ad submission services // Jan 5, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Virtually all of whatever you state happens to be astonishingly legitimate and it makes me wonder the reason why I had not looked at this in this light previously. This particular piece really did turn the light on for me as far as this subject goes. But at this time there is one particular issue I am not really too comfortable with so while I attempt to reconcile that with the core theme of the position, let me see exactly what all the rest of your readers have to point out.Nicely done.

• 10 Jasper Fontan // Jan 5, 2015 at 3:10 pm

I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You’re wonderful! Thanks!

• 11 Diane Sarsour // Jan 5, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Hi my family member! I wish to say that this article is amazing, nice written and come with approximately all significant infos. I would like to see more posts like this .

• 12 puzzles // Jan 6, 2015 at 10:43 am

Sorry for the huge review, but I’m really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.

• 13 online puzzle // Jan 6, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It’s very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

• 14 puzzle game // Jan 6, 2015 at 12:46 pm

• 15 online games puzzle // Jan 6, 2015 at 2:04 pm

• 16 Free Money System // Jan 8, 2015 at 9:49 am

Hi everyone, it’s my first pay a visit at this web page,
    and piece of writing is truly fruitful in support of me, keep up posting these types of articles or reviews.

Feel free to surf to my web-site; Free Money System

• 17 cool math // Jan 8, 2015 at 9:15 pm

The new Zune browser is surprisingly good, but not as good as the iPod’s. It works well, but isn’t as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that’s not an issue, but if you’re planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod’s larger screen and better browser may be important.

• 18 miniclip.com // Jan 8, 2015 at 9:16 pm

• 19 free frozen games // Jan 9, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Hands down, Apple’s app store wins by a mile. It’s a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I’m not sure I’d want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

• 20 free frozen games // Jan 9, 2015 at 6:22 pm

• 21 frozen games online kids // Jan 9, 2015 at 7:31 pm

• 22 Israel Bertolami // Jan 9, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Usually I do not learn article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and do so! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, very great post.

• 23 Cherlyn Pilar // Jan 9, 2015 at 9:05 pm

Well I definitely enjoyed reading it. This tip provided by you is very useful for good planning.

• 24 Theo Barchus // Jan 10, 2015 at 2:38 pm

But wanna comment that you have a very nice web site , I love the layout it really stands out.

• 25 Marketta Grafenstein // Jan 10, 2015 at 2:47 pm

You can certainly see your skills in the paintings you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. At all times follow your heart. “A simple fact that is hard to learn is that the time to save money is when you have some.” by Joe Moore.

• 26 miniclip // Jan 10, 2015 at 7:07 pm

• 27 new games // Jan 10, 2015 at 9:43 pm

• 28 wwe immortals hack // Jan 11, 2015 at 6:27 am

I recommend my friends this site, its great!.

• 29 skup samochodów kegel milicz // Jan 11, 2015 at 6:47 am

• 30 kegel auto skup aut // Jan 11, 2015 at 7:43 am

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a great start, but it is currently hampered by the inability to store locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this changes, then it will somewhat negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 songs per month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass’ favor.

• 31 Motyw Rosji i Rosjan // Jan 11, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Warto też wejś cna Motyw samotności

• 32 Shannon Hufana // Jan 11, 2015 at 4:29 pm

I wanted to type a simple message to say thanks to you for those pleasant instructions you are posting here. My extended internet investigation has now been paid with useful points to talk about with my best friends. I ‘d repeat that most of us site visitors are undoubtedly fortunate to be in a superb site with very many awesome professionals with good opinions. I feel extremely happy to have discovered the webpages and look forward to tons of more awesome times reading here. Thanks again for everything.

• 33 game baby barbie games // Jan 11, 2015 at 6:17 pm

The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it’ll do even better in those areas, but for now it’s a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod’s strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

• 34 3d car games download // Jan 11, 2015 at 7:41 pm

If you’re still on the fence: grab your favorite earphones, head down to a Best Buy and ask to plug them into a Zune then an iPod and see which one sounds better to you, and which interface makes you smile more. Then you’ll know which is right for you.

• 35 Derrick Recalde // Jan 11, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Its excellent as your other blog posts : D, appreciate it for putting up. “To be at peace with ourselves we need to know ourselves.” by Caitlin Matthews.

• 36 Website // Jan 12, 2015 at 1:36 am

My internet browsings seem total.. thank you. Supporting the write-up.. all the best Isn’t it superb if you uncover a good publish? My personal web browsings seem complete.. thank you.

• 37 Ricki Mahr // Jan 12, 2015 at 1:54 am

Hello, Neat post. There is a problem together with your site in internet explorer, could check this… IE still is the market leader and a good component of other people will miss your great writing due to this problem.

• 38 how to treat yeast infection at home // Jan 12, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Always follow your prescribed medications or suffer from the annoying noise.
    Some of these can be a contributing factor in the onset
    of tinnitus symptoms. For many of these people, their tinnitus will only last for
    a short time period, whereas many others will have it for their remaining lives.

Also visit my web blog how to treat yeast infection at home

• 39 Bradley Noh // Jan 13, 2015 at 4:39 am

Thanks for some other informative website. The place else may just I am getting that kind of information written in such an ideal manner? I’ve a mission that I’m just now running on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

• 40 Allopassgratuit.fr // Jan 14, 2015 at 10:58 am

What concеrning a ccup pointing to vegetable broth?.
    Depression іѕ conventional. Ƭɦis seems separate fгom
    beіng emotionally yield. ƬҺe depression ѕeems tο stem frоm not necesѕarily actualizing
    their private power aand աithout a connection tοgether with Indigos.
    Ԝhen theіr capability іs not grkwn аnd they aren’t in contact mеn and women lіke themѕelves a
    heavy level оf beinmg аlone and depression crops սp. They are aware
    ߋf the significance оf its purpose іn tҺіѕ method lifetime butt сontain no idea ɦow to handle
    it oor quite posѕibly what it iѕ juust about.
    They feel strange annd misunderstood.. ΤҺe challenge, аs moѕt of us know, to be ablе to allow ones powerful Plan Statement tօ do sometҺing as an actual homing
    told whiϲh a lօt of people continually սse it аgain whsn wҺole life simply sеems to be not remakn ԝorking,
    aѕ soon ass tҺe evidence οf senses ѕays, “Sеe, glance!
    Ѕhow me one thіng that’s going perfect for ƴou.

WҺʏ don’t yoս givve as a result օf yourѕelf.

You havе to aгen’t wеnt anywheгe.
    A short while ago your spouse lеft, аt thiѕ tіme yyou realized
    yoսr mum needs tto penetrae а care giving home, sο
    үoս’ve wejt on a heap oof overdue bills located ߋn thee regular.
    Ƴou’ге special? Who’s kidding tߋ who?”.

Also visit my site … Allopassgratuit.fr