4th of July fireworks

Posted by Meghan Walker on July 4th, 2012

Today is the 4th of July, which means a vacation day for much of Seattle. Nearby festivities include a fireworks display and party on Lake Union and its surrounding parks, known as Family 4th. The event includes an all day party at Gas Works Park at noon and at Lake Union Park at 1o a.m., where live music will be playing all day. They’ll also host an all-day walk around the lake called the Cheshiahud Challenge, which is a  6-mile, 15-question walking history trivia game designed by MOHAI. The Center for Wooden Boats will be celebrating the Wooden Boat Festival with boat rides, vessel displays, activities, beer garden, and food vendors.

The fireworks show will be at 10 p.m., and the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) warns that traffic will be heavy before and after the event. Street closures will start at 6 p.m. around Gas Works Park. SDOT says neighborhoods to the north of the park from N 40th Street and south to N Northlake Way will close to all except motorists needing local access.

Our news partners, The Seattle Times, compiled this list of firework shows and festivities from surrounding areas.

• 1 cheap auto insurance // Jan 8, 2015 at 5:17 am

We have learned a great deal about recovering from narcotic addiction and have found several methods that work well. This is information drug treatment programs would not want out since it would cause them to lose a large number of patients. Would it be better to start with a blog or a website? We eventually hope to make this into an alternative business that would help people get of methadone clinics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as there is a dire need for this information. Thank you..

• 2 comforters // Jan 8, 2015 at 7:48 am

I have a website that has been up and running for some time now, and for numerous reasons I want to replace it with a WordPress site.. . So, how do I start building the WordPress site – in a seperate folder from the “public_html” folder? Then when you are ready to move it into the public_html folder, do you have to correct whatever file-paths and link errors?.

• 3 Faivish Pewzner // Jan 9, 2015 at 4:52 am

How do you find different blogs on Blogger with keyword or search?

• 4 plus size formal dresses // Jan 9, 2015 at 6:08 am

There are thousands of blogs that requires comments on them. What is the intention of blog comments?.

• 5 Faivish Pewzner // Jan 9, 2015 at 8:46 am

I want to know what is the best 100% free blog/web or search engine directory for the blog site that can provide a lot of traffic to the blog site and spur reading..

• 6 justhost // Jan 10, 2015 at 7:44 am

I work for an organization that provides information to members on various topics. If we send a link to copyrighted web content (such as a page on the IBM web site) are we infringing on that content’s copyright? I’m pretty certain we aren’t — if you can point me towards relevant legal precedents, etc. that would be great.. Keep in mind that I’m already pretty certain that we can freely use the URLs. What I really need is legal documentation of that fact, to make our corporate attorney happy. Thanks!.

• 7 free dating // Jan 11, 2015 at 8:11 am

I’m going to start a serious blog that will eventually hold a great deal of content. I am a graphic designer, and my husband does my web programming, so this is for reals (haha, yes I just said that). That being said, I’ve already started collecting my content and writing entries, but just how much content should a brand new blog have when you “unveil” it to the world (ideally)?. . Thanks :).

• 8 cheap travel insurance // Jan 12, 2015 at 9:40 am

I own a .info web domain hosted on 50webs. I have tried uploading via FTP from Blogger but I keep getting java errors. Is there an easier way of having Blog type software on my website? Or what is your suggestion for the BEST blog site to use that lets you use your own domain as a homepage for your blog..