There’s one week left to vote for the Ballard area organizations that have been nominated in the Chase Community Giving program, in which Chase Bank donates thousands to 196 organizations nationally, a sum reaching $5 million total. The organizations were chosen by Chase customers and employees, and there are 1,650 Western Washington organizations total. The Ballard organizations are Northwest Burn Foundation, Puget Soundkeeper Alliance, Ballard Food Bank, Child’s Play, 88bikes, Page Ahead, Glass Art Society, and Soulumination.
The 196 organizations with the most votes will receive the following:
- $250,000 to the organization receiving the most votes
- $100,000 to each of the next 10 runner-up charities
- $50,000 to each of the next 35 runner-up charities
- $20,000 to each of the next 50 runner-up charities
- $10,000 to each of the next 100 runner-up charities
According to Chase Bank, three organizations within Western Washington are guaranteed to receive grants (outside of the $5 million) totaling $100,000 (one $50,000 and two $25,000). To vote, visit the Chase Community Giving Facebook page. Voting closes on September 19.