A 58-foot commercial fishing boat moored at Fisherman’s Terminal caught fire this morning due to a faulty electrical outlet in the galley, according to the Seattle Times. No one was on board the Sierra Mar when the fire broke out at 4 a.m., the Times reports. Kyle Moore from the Seattle Fire Department told the Times that flames were shooting 25 feet in the air when firefighters arrived. Firefighters were able to use foam to control the fire within four minutes, which kept the fire from spreading to other boats in the marina.
The Times reports that damage was estimated at $100,000 to the boat and $100,000 to its contents, which included electronic equipment.