Tomorrow afternoon, the Ballard Writers Collective is hosting the “Big Event,” where local writers and businesses will be setting up shop at the Sunset Hill Community Association (3003 NW 66th St). The event starts at 1 p.m., and will include presentations by authors, readings, panels and demonstrations with book and craft sales.
Here’s a schedule of the day’s planned events:
- 1 p.m. Sneak previews of forthcoming books: M.J. McDermott & Alison Krupnick
- 2 p.m. Story time for children and adults: Claire Anderson and her guide dog. Downstairs story time and craft project.
- 3 p.m. Memoirs for survival: We Are Absolutely Not Okay – Teen authors discuss. Reading from Ingrid Ricks’ Focus.
- 4 p.m. Ballard’s melting pot: a sampler. Nordic Heritage Museum’s Voices of Ballard and Beyond, Joshua McNichols of Urban Farm Handbook, and Dominick Cura of Eternally Gluten-Free Cookbook.
- 5 p.m. Poets, Writers & Editors: Panel on editing and resources for writers. Poets: Shin Yu Pai, Carol Levin, Don Kentop, & Michael Schein. Books & gifts available from: Secret Garden Books, MetalWing Studios, Lily and the People, Regnor’s Pottery, Susan Schneider, Rita Weinstein, Jo Simonian. BlueFlower Cards, Elena Louise Richmond’s Local Dilettante Studio, Wry Ink Publishing, Jay Craig’s Bagpipe-Making.
- 7 p.m. Three Word/Three Minute Challenge. New works by Ballard Writers Ross McMeekin, Joshua McNichols, Alison Krupnick, Jay Craig, Michael Schein, Helen Landalf, Cedar Burnett, Michael Harthorne, Peggy Sturdivant, Elena Louise Richmond, Alma Garcia, Karen Gamble, Quinn Smart, Zachariah Bryan.
There will be book sales from Secret Garden Books and refreshments, including wine, for donations. To read more about the event, click here.