This weekend and next week, crews will be closing parts of the Alaskan Way Viaduct for construction. Here are the upcoming closures, from the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT):
Sunday, Dec. 30 and Wednesday, Jan. 2 through the morning of Friday, Jan. 4:
- Crews will close the Fremont on-ramp to southbound SR 99 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night.
- Crews will close the two right lanes of southbound SR 99 on the Aurora Bridge from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night.
- Crews will close the two right lanes of northbound SR 99 on the Aurora Bridge from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night.
Wednesday, Jan. 2 – Friday, Jan. 4:
- Crews will reduce Sixth Avenue North to one lane of alternating traffic between Thomas and John streets from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
Wednesday, Jan. 2
- Crews will close Sixth Avenue North just north of Denny Way from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Local access will be maintained from John Street.
Thursday, Jan. 3
- Crews will close John Street between Sixth Avenue North and Taylor Avenue North from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Local access to John Street will be maintained from Taylor Avenue North.
Friday, Jan. 4
- Crews will close the two left lanes on Fourth Avenue between Blanchard and Battery streets from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For detailed closures and construction updates, visit the project’s webpage.