Ballard is set for a huge weekend with Art Walk and a host of other events happening around the neighborhood. Get out of the house and go and check them out!
Friday, April 12
- Gala Benefit Concert for the Hardanger Fiddle Association of America at Nordic Heritage Museum (3014 NW 67th St). The event is featuring many of the most talented performers of Scandinavian folk music and dance in the Seattle area and further afield. Tickets $18.00 general admission / $13.00 student at the door. Click here for more information.
- Comedy Sportz Seattle show at 2220 NW Market Street at 10:30 p.m. Click here for more details and to buy tickets.
Saturday, April 13
- Volunteer work party at North Beach Park (24th Ave NW & NW 90th St) from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Join EarthCorps and the Green Seattle Partnership at North Beach Park as they improve the health of the urban forest. EarthCorps supplies gloves, tools, water, light refreshments and volunteer education that covers safety, information on the park, forest health, environmental restoration and the overview of the project. No prior experience is necessary. For more information and to sign up click here.
- Blakely Rock Benefit Race on from Shilshole Breakwater to Blakely Rock (south Bainbridge Island) and back from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. 100 + sailboats race to benefit the youth outreach program at Sail Sand Point. There will be a breakfast at the Sloop Tavern (2830 NW Market S) starting at 7am followed by the skippers meeting at 9am. Award ceremony and raffle at the Sloop Tavern at 7pm. Click here for more details.
- Local paper artist Nikki McClure will talk about her intricate and beautiful paper art at Nordic Heritage Museum (3014 NW 67th St) at 2 p.m. A traditional “fika –stund” of coffee, tea, and baked goods will follow the talk. Suggested donation of $5. Reservations encouraged; to RSVP, call 206-789 5707 x10, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seattle Creative Arts Center (2601 NW Market St) will host an art opening for artist April Warner from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. Light snacks and wine will be provided. Click here for more details.
- Art Walk is on all over the neighborhood from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. Click here for a detailed list of events and exhibitions.
- Salmon feed fundraiser dinner at Ballard Elks Lodge (6411 Seaview Avenue NW) at 6 p.m. Tickets are $15 presale, or $20 at the door. Click here for more information.
- 80’s Party at Kangaroo and Kiwi Pub (2026 NW Market St) from 8 p.m. Come dressed in your best 80’s outfit and dance the night away to the resident DJ. Check out more details here.
- Comedy Sportz Seattle show at 2220 NW Market Street at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Click here for more details and to buy tickets.
Sunday, April 14
- Ballard Farmers Markets are on down Ballard Ave from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. The markets will include the usual fantastic vendors and the debut of new vendor Bites + Barks, selling artisan dog treats that are all natural, gluten free, vegetarian, and locally sources from Washington. Click here for more information about the Farmers Markets.
- The Morning After Art and Pure Craft Show at the Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave) from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. A new craft show taking place every second Sunday of the month. Hang out at the Tractor Tavern in the daylight while shopping art and handmade gifts. Click here for more details.
- Norwegian Ladies Chorus’ Annual Fishcake and Meatball dinner at Leif Erikson Lodge (2245 NW 57th St). Event will host a silent and live auction and will feature entertainment provided by BHS Choir. Tickets are $25 and can be booked by calling (206) 784-1290. Click here for more details.
Image by April Warner, courtesy of Seattle Creative Arts Center.