The weekend is here and Spring is finally in the air. Once again there is so much going on in and around Ballard. Check out the list below and have an awesome time out in the sun!
Friday April 26:
- Urban Waite Author Event at Secret Garden Books (2214 NW Market St) at 7 p.m. Urban Waite will speak about his new book The Carrion Birds. Click here for more details.
Saturday April 27:
- Crown Hill Spring Cleanup from 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. sponsored by Crown Hill Business Association.There will be litter cleanup and graffiti paintout activities, plus a chance to meet some local businesses. Cleanup supplies will be available. Wear comfortable clothes and sturdy shoes. Meet at the Petco parking lot (8728 Holman Rd NW).
- Olympic Manor Garden Club Plant Sale at Olympic Manor (2309 NW 86th St) from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Plants are donated from members’ gardens. Planting advice will be available. Part of the proceeds will be donated to community organizations and charities.
- Friends of Kirke Park Work Party and Bake Sale at Kirke Park (7028 9th Ave NW) from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Friends of Kirke Park will replace wood mulch in the park and hold a bake sale to raise funds for the trellis project. Workers/bakers needed! Or just come to purchase some baked goods. Email email@example.com for more details.
- Free Gardening 101 Course at Sunset Hill Community Center (3003 NW 66th St) from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Several gardening experts will give advice on building, growing, extending and cooking. The event will be followed by a seed and plant start exchange organized by Sustainable Ballard. Bring seeds, starts, envelopes and pots. Click here for more information.
- NW Green Home Self-Guided Tour from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Free self-guided tour of 28 green homes, plus several Sustainability Stops – many of which are in the Ballard area. Learn about green building, see examples of all shades of green, and meet the owners, contractors and designers. Click here for more details.
- Get Ready to Wholesale Workshop at The Studio of Awesome (101 N 85th Street Suite 201) from 1 p.m. The workshop will be a business class for artists. Click here for more details.
- Comedy Sportz Seattle Kids Matinee at 2220 NW Market St from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Click here for more details and to buy tickets.
- Queen Anne Cash Mob meeting at Grub (7 Boston St) at 4:30 p.m.at for a drink, appetizer and conversation with other neighbors who want to support local businesses. They will announce the business that will be visited and depart promptly at 4:50. Click here for more details.
- Daddy Daughter Dinner at Ballard Community Center (6020 28th Ave NW) from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Click here for more details.
- Motown Dance Party at Sunset Hill Clubhouse (3003 NW 66th St) from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. Tap your toes, dance, have a beer and have a blast as Ballard DJ Christophett spins all your favorite ’60s Motown hits! Bid on great items donated by local businesses in our silent auction. Funds raised maintain the historic Sunset Hill building, a nonprofit venue for many neighborhood workshops and events. Cost is $15/person; $25 couple/family. Click here for more details and to buy tickets.
- M-Bibe Fundraising Concert at Odd Fellows Hall (1706 NW Market St) from 7:15 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Concert in support of The Hope Project – Vietnam. Event features local musicians John Wies & Decateur Buff, Josh Philpott and Pepper Proud. Click here to buy tickets. Ticket price ranges from $15-$35 and includes food and beverage.
Sunday April 28:
- Plant Sale at Home Street Bank (8050 15th Ave. NW) from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Earth Day Celebrations at Golden Gardens (8498 Seaview Pl NW). Join EarthCorps and the Green Seattle Partnership as they continue efforts to restore Golden Gardens. They we will be performing maintenance on past restoration sites and removing invasive plant species such as English ivy and garlic mustard. EarthCorps provides tools, gloves, water, light refreshments, and site specific education and leadership. Click here for more details.
- Classical Spanish Music Concert at I.O.O.F Hall (1706 NW Market St) from 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. Free Concert open to the public sponsored by Ladies Musical Club. Click here for more details.
- 28th Annual Northern Lights Auktion benefitting the Nordic Heritage Museum from 4:30 p.m. at Grand Hyatt Hotel in Downtown Seattle (721 Pine St). Doors open at 4:30 p.m. with a reception and silent auction, which closes in stages until a delectable dinner with a Nordic flair is served at 6:45 p.m. Then guests will enjoy a live auction filled with unique experience packages as well as a tribute to Irma Goertzen, president of the Board of Trustees, and long-time supporter of the Nordic Heritage Museum. Click here for more details and to book tickets.