The weekend is here and brings with it the festivities of Syttende-Mai! Check out the events happening in and around Ballard in our weekly weekend roundup.
Friday May 17:
- Syttende-Mai Parade from 6 p.m. The parade will be go down 24th Avenue NW to NW Market St and down Ballard Ave. Click here for more details.
Saturday May 18:
- Carkeek Park STARS Volunteer Work Party at Carkeek Park (950 NW Carkeek Park Rd) from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Join other enthusiastic volunteers for a fun morning of forest restoration and trails maintenance. Gloves and water are provided and wear sturdy shoes. Suitable for teens and older. Follow the STARS signs to the meeting place. For more information contact Dale Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 362-2980.
- Friends of Kirke Park Garage Sale (7028 9th Ave NW) from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Funds will go towards the trellis. This is held in conjunction with the Phinney Neighborhood Association Garage Sale Day. Email Alyssa Smith for more details at email@example.com
- Seattle Works Restoration Work Party at Carkeek Park (950 NW Carkeek Park Rd) from 12 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Click here for more details and to sign up.
- NW 49th Street Open House and BBQ from 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Food will be available courtesdy of Apex Automotive, Cultivar Landscape and Design, Firefly Kitchens and JonBoy Caramels. Domanico Cellars and Populuxe Brewing will be open for purchase of wine and beer. Guests will also enjoy live music from Codgill Connecticut, Hill Neighbor, Higgsfield and Shelley Casey. Dance, eat, drink and get to know your neighbors! Click here for more details.
- Healing the Children Celtic Music Concert with “BOWI” at Sunset Hill Community Association (3003 NW 66th St) at 7 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m. with music from 8 p.m. – 9:45 p.m. $30 donation per ticket for general admission. $60 donation per ticket for VIP reserved front row seat with complimentary beverage. All proceeds will benefit Healing the Children, Oregon and Western Washington Chapter, an organization whose mission is to restore health to impoverished children of the world through donated medical services. Click here to buy tickets.
The Market Street Singers present Sounds Like Music at Ballard First Lutheran Church (NW 65th & 20th NW) from 7:30 p.m. This is a free event. Contributions gratefully accepted. Click here for more details.
Sunday May 19:
- Food Truck Round Up at the Phinney Neighborhood Center (6532 Phinney Ave N) from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. The $25 ticket includes bites from local food trucks as well as wine, beer and spirits, and live music. The event is being held as a campaign for a new food bank in the U-District. Click here for more details and to buy tickets.
- The Market Street Singers present Sounds Like Music at Ballard First Lutheran Church (NW 65th & 20th NW) from 7:30 p.m. This is a free event. Contributions gratefully accepted. Click here for more details.