Today is the Ballard Bike Street Party, which will include a couple live musical acts, plenty of bicycle-related information, a biker fashion show, and lots of free goodies. The event starts at 3 p.m. today, and will take place at Bergen Place Park and on 22nd Ave NW. The street will be closed from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. between NW Market St. and Ballard Ave NW. The event is part of Seattle Summer Streets, put on by KEXP and the Cascade Bicycle Club.
Here’s the schedule:
- 3:30 p.m.: Street party open!
- 4:15-5:00 p.m.: Live music by Tomten
- 5 – 8:00 p.m.: Happy Hour at the Balmar
- 5:30 – 6:15 p.m.: Live music by Country Lips
- 6:35 – 7:00 p.m.: Bike fashion show
- 7:00 p.m.: Street Party ends
The weather looks like it should hold up for the event; the forecast is for partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the mid- to upper-60s.