Registrations have opened for fall and winter basketball at the Ballard Boys & Girls Club. The club offers six different leagues, divided by age and gender.
The classes offered are the following:
- K-1st grade coed hoops class: Oct. 15 – Dec. 13, meets Tues. & Thurs.
- 2nd grade boys hoops class: Oct. 14 – Dec. 11, meets Mon. & Wed.
- 2nd/3rd grade girls hoops class: Oct. 17 – Dec. 19, Thurs. & Sat.
The three division teams offered are the following (all practices start week of Jan. 6, and games start Jan. 27):
- 3rd grade boys team: meets Wed. & Fri.
- 4th/5th grade boys: Mon., Tues. & Thurs.
- 4th/5th grade girls: Tues. & Thurs.
To register or for more information visit www.ballard.positiveplace.org or contact Boys & Girls Club athletic director Billy Rodgers at 206-783-5775. Rodgers says they are also looking for volunteer coaches for this season.