Another weekend is here and there is plenty to do in Ballard! Enjoy the weekend out and about at these fantastic events.
Saturday, September 14:
- Seattle Chapter of the American Institute of Architects home tour: Explore Design from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Featuring seven architect-designed projects, including Ballard’s Greenfire Campus. The tour hopes to challenge the public to re-think how design can impact and influence one of our most personal spaces – the home. Tickets are $25 for adults, kids under 16 free. Click here for more information and to book tickets.
- Seattle Brain Cancer Walk Benefit at Populuxe Brewing (826B NW 49th St) from 4 p.m. The benefit will feature live music and fun for the whole family. Suggested donation $5. Click here for more details.
- Market Street Singers present “Nowhere I’d Rather Be” a free show to be performed at Ballard First Lutheran Church (2006 NW 65th St) from 7:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Join the Market Street Singers on a musical fantasy journey to the best places you can think of. No matter where you end up you can enjoy a stylistically diverse musical journey, from the Renaissance to Rent. Click here to find out more.
- Comedy Sportz Seattle Show at Ballard Underground (2220 NW Market Street) at 8 p.m. Click here for more details and to buy tickets.
- Kiss for Kenya Fundraiser at Kiss Cafe: Help raise money for the launch of a community newspaper in Kenya. Sidewalk beer garden all afternoon with kegs from Populuxe, Hales, and Bad Jimmy’s and live music starting at 7 p.m. with Asher Deaver and The Western Bluebirds.
Sunday, September 15:
- Ballard Farmers Markets along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Click here to see this weeks specials.
- Seattle Field Trip Day starting at Ballard Locks (3015 54th St NW) from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Come out and join your neighbors and friends in exploring Ballard on the first annual Seattle Field Trip Day! This free, family friendly, foot-friendly walking/bicycling event is a choose your own adventure, go at your own pace exploration of Ballard with a fantastic Field Trip smart phone app. All are welcome to attend this free event and registration is recommended. One person in each group needs to bring a smart phone. Click here for more details and to RSVP to the event.
- Wax On Event at Anchors Down Bar (2016 NW Market St) from 4 p.m. Every Sunday at Anchors Down, bring in your vinyl records to listen to and share with fellow music junkies. All vinyl, all day, and an all day happy hour. We’ll take turns playing our favorite cuts and talk about music through the years. All music welcome!
- Ballard Elks Lodge Ballroom Dancing (6411 Seaview Ave NW) from 7 p.m. – 10 pm. Live music will be provided by The Eddy Fukano Band. Singles and couples are welcome and cost is $7 per person. Click here for more details.