Swedish Hospital seeking participants for tremor treatment trial

Posted by Meghan Walker on September 30th, 2013

The Swedish Neuroscience Institute (SNI) is looking for patients willing to participate in a trial that will use a new technology to treat tremors with sound rather than surgery. According to Swedish Hospital, the new technology is a promising alternative to surgery for the common neurological disorder known as essential tremor (ET), which causes a rhythmic shaking of trembling of hands and arms, affecting one out of every 25 adults over 40. The disorder is often confused with Parkinson’s disease, but ET causes disabilities that disrupt basic daily activities and worsens over time, sometimes causing patients to lose the ability to feed or care for themselves.

The new technology to treat patients uses focused ultrasound treatment, and will be headed up by Dr. Stephen Monteith, who has been recruited to work at the SNI. “It’s all about quality of life and things that actually matter to people – eating, dressing, going to the bathroom,” Dr. Monteith said in a release. “Tremor can make it impossible to drink a glass of water or cup of coffee, write a letter and do many other things most of us take for granted. But we’ve seen all that come back with this treatment. People are gaining their independence again.”

Dr. Monteith is seeking 10 patients to take part in the study. Adults who have been diagnosed with ET and want to participate should contact the research department at 206-320-3070.

• 1 Judy Roberts // Mar 1, 2014 at 11:07 am

I am very interested in this and looking forward to hearing back from you.
    Thanks.
    Judy

• 2 claude adkins // Apr 6, 2014 at 2:54 pm

interested in trial treatment for tremors

• 3 Harry Hill // May 22, 2014 at 9:32 am

I have essential tremors and am very interested in a treatment for my problem.

• 4 Angela Yeo // Jun 15, 2014 at 4:32 am

I have ET and very interested in trial treatment.

• 5 ilene lizotte // Jul 3, 2014 at 8:20 am

i am from canada and very interested in this trx i have had essential tremor for many years but is worsening tremor of head and right hand would be excited about doing the trial

• 6 Carol Patterson // Jul 7, 2014 at 8:38 am

I have had ET for many years, as have many family members. I am interested in this trial.

• 7 Shirley Juliff // Jul 8, 2014 at 9:22 pm

I have been diagnosed with Ataxia, Dystonia, and am having head and body tremor. I believe my father had Ataxia. I am interested in focused ultra sound and would be very interested in your research and trial.

• 8 Martha crist // Jul 22, 2014 at 6:58 am

I have essential tremors was diagnosed at 25 I am now 64 and can not take medication for this ET. So I live with it. I am very interested in the your study.

• 9 Luz Galeano // Jul 27, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Soy Colombiana Profesora Universitaria en receso por ET hereditario. Me interesa mucho participar en estaa investigación que me servirá a mi y a otras muchas personas.
    Gracias

• 10 Luz Galeano // Jul 27, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Soy Colombiana. Profesora Universitaria en receso. Me interesa mucho participar en esta investigación me servirá a mi y a otras muchas personas.
    Gracias

• 11 Barbara Thorpe // Aug 19, 2014 at 9:02 pm

I’ve had essential tremors most of my life and it’s started to affect my voice (vocal fold tremors). My handwriting is terrible! If the study is still going, I’d be interested in participating.

• 12 Sigrid Singam // Aug 28, 2014 at 10:10 am

I am also interested in taking part in the trial. Have had a tremor for 40 years and now cannot write by hand at all, have all drinks through a straw and never dine with people outside the immediate family.

I live in the UK but am originally from Sweden.

• 13 Jay Geddes // Sep 15, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Very interested in participating in the study…have tremors in both hands…

• 14 john // Oct 17, 2014 at 10:27 am

u5fdUr http://www.QS3PE5ZGdxC9IoVKTAPT2DBYpPkMKqfz.com

• 15 Angel // Nov 1, 2014 at 9:27 pm

I’m retired purchase bimatoprost without a rx online More than 200 firefighters were working to contain the largest blaze in Utah, which has jumped at least 6 miles across the border into Idaho. The lightning-caused State Fire has charred almost 33 square miles in steep and rugged terrain.

• 16 Savannah // Nov 2, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Can you hear me OK? http://skin-solutions.co.nz/what-is-ipl/ bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03 canada But even those who work full-time are struggling. More thanhalf of these families are enrolled in public assistanceprograms, the researchers said. This costs taxpayers nearly $7billion per year, more than half of which is in health insurancecosts.

• 17 Justin // Nov 4, 2014 at 12:12 am

Very interesting tale i need to buy bimatoprost FALFURRIAS, Texas – Just before sundown, a group of men cloaked in camouflage from the Texas Border Volunteers halts their all terrain vehicle, along a winding sandy road. As they make their way around the heavy brush, they circle around a pile of women’s undergarments, which lay at the foot of a tree. In sections of land near the U.S.-Mexico border, this is known as a “rape tree.” And for the residents of Brooks County, Texas, rape trees are popping up at an alarming frequency.

• 18 Matthew // Nov 4, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Have you got any qualifications? purchase bimatoprost without a rx online The increased supply will test the staying power of a more than $2,300 per-sale premium that Fusion has commanded in the U.S. this year over Camry, the market’s best-selling car for the past 11 years and 15 of the last 16. The Fusion is Ford’s best shot at eventually reclaiming the car-sales crown it last held in the 1990s heyday of the Taurus, a model Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally studied at Boeing Co.

• 19 Emma // Nov 5, 2014 at 3:48 pm

I’d like to apply for this job http://skin-solutions.co.nz/what-is-ipl/ bimatoprost 0.03 discontinued Bernie Ecclestone, the 82-year-old British billionaire who is commonly referred to as the sport’s ‘supremo’ and runs Formula One for CVC, has talked of a listing in Singapore towards the end of this year.

• 20 Christopher // Nov 6, 2014 at 12:44 pm

I’ve got a full-time job http://skin-solutions.co.nz/what-is-ipl/ timber chemist buy bimatoprost online cheap landlord win “Literally, an hour before we flew out was when we made the decision to just can everything and go with Sedona,” she said from a hotel in Williams, Ariz. on Wednesday, her wedding day, where in just a few hours she would drive roughly an hour and a half to her wedding site.

• 21 Francesco // Nov 7, 2014 at 9:59 pm

I’m a partner in cost of cipro cu The US Food and Drug Administration’s Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee voted 13 to 0, with one abstention, in favour of recommending accelerated approval of a Perjeta (pertuzumab) regimen for neoadjuvant treatment (ie use before surgery) in people with high-risk, HER2-positive early-stage breast cancer. If given the green light, the drug will be the first neoadjuvant treatment approved in the USA for the disease and the first based on pathological complete response (pCR) data, meaning there is no tumour tissue detectable at the time of surgery.

• 22 Harland // Nov 9, 2014 at 1:39 am

What sort of music do you like? do i need a prescription to buy flagyl di “With the waning of MEADS, Patriot is likely to remain thepre-eminent air defense system in the world for the next 20years,” he said. “The reason it’s a never-ending opportunity forRaytheon is because its successor was killed.”

• 23 Tilburg // Nov 10, 2014 at 5:38 am

History cheapest propecia zt One of the great survivors of Lib Dem politics, Sir Ian Wrigglesworth was one of only six SDP MPs elected in 1983, losing in 1987. He was the first President of the merged party, presiding over both its calamitous early years and the beginnings of revival. With a background in business in North East England, in 2010–12 he worked alongside Michael Heseltine in heading the Regional Growth Fund Advisory Panel. In 2012, he became Treasurer of the Liberal Democrats, spearheading the party’s fundraising efforts, and this year was raised to the peerage.

• 24 Diana // Nov 11, 2014 at 9:38 am

I’d like to pay this cheque in, please buy stendra ck Sources suggest Apple is not pleased with iPhone remaining a point of purchase with telecommunications outlets like AT&T and Verizon.The source states the purpose of the Apple Store is to draw in customers for a total Apple experience, and, of course, review other products such as the Mac and iPad. This newest revelation may determine if the iPhone 6 will remain in locally owned stores or extend to companies like AT&T for pre-orders.

• 25 Tony // Nov 12, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I can’t hear you very well generic wellbutrin problems 2012 ri European shares are slated to track U.S. small gains onFriday. France’s CAC 40 was seen up 0.2 percent whileGermany’s Dax and Britain’s FTSE were both seengaining 0.1 percent. U.S. share futures were down 0.1percent.

• 26 Clayton // Nov 13, 2014 at 6:05 pm

This is the job description generic avanafil us Ifetel, a new telecoms regulator created under a major telecoms reform passed earlier this year, will be able to auction the concessions totaling 130 MHz, immediately if it wants to, Mexico’s transport and telecommunications ministry said in a statement.

• 27 Isreal // Nov 15, 2014 at 2:41 am

I love this site unsecured no credit loans “Reporters zoomed in on me, thrusting my name into the news. My inbox exploded with emails from women saying the same thing had happened to them. I’m sharing what I’ve learned from my experience in hopes that it might help others.”

• 28 Elizabeth // Nov 15, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Not in at the moment ez cash loans uj HS2 is essential because it will eventually bring Glasgow and Edinburgh within three hours of London, meaning less airline pollution. It is also necessary because rail use is growing exponentially; both West and East coast main lines are running at nearly full capacity.

• 29 Gregory // Nov 16, 2014 at 1:02 am

I love the theatre knit cash advance 23462 almost Is Simon Cowell about to become a father? The 53-year-old “X Factor” judge is reportedly expecting a baby with New York socialite Lauren Silverman, according to an Us Weekly report. Silverman bears a…

• 30 Wyatt // Nov 16, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Will I have to work on Saturdays? http://greenwoodsstatebank.com/personal-loans/ quick payroll advance In their discussion of monetary policy for the period ahead, all members but one judged that the outlook for economic activity and inflation warranted the continuation of the Committee’s current highly accommodative stance of monetary policy in order to foster a stronger economic recovery and sustained improvement in labor market conditions in a context of price stability. In the view of one member, the improvement in the outlook for the labor market warranted a more deliberate statement from the Committee that asset purchases would be reduced in the very near future. At the conclusion of its discussion, the Committee decided to continue adding policy accommodation by purchasing additional MBS at a pace of $40 billion per month and longer-term Treasury securities at a pace of $45 billion per month and to maintain its existing reinvestment policies. In addition, the Committee reaffirmed its intention to keep the target federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4 percent and retained its forward guidance that it anticipates that this exceptionally low range for the federal funds rate will be appropriate at least as long as the unemployment rate remains above 6-1/2 percent, inflation between one and two years ahead is projected to be no more than a half percentage point above the Committee’s 2 percent longer-run goal, and longer-term inflation expectations continue to be well anchored.

• 31 Madison // Nov 17, 2014 at 12:23 am

I support Manchester United fixed rate interest only loan “I can’t see where the green shoots are,” said DerekMonaghan, 34, who has managed a computer repair shop sincelosing his job at a joiners two years ago. “Sales down, footfalldown – it’s steadily getting worse.”

• 32 Behappy // Nov 17, 2014 at 1:18 pm

Punk not dead where to cash your check y2k, corporate cash hoards are also at an all-time high, which means even though they may be spending more on capital expenditures, they are either reducing expenses (like employee compensation) elsewhere or just making a lot more money. If they weren’t hoarding so much cash, more money would be in circulation, which means either personal income would be up or unemployment would be much lower.

• 33 Heriberto // Nov 18, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I’m doing a masters in law loan for homes ad Repeated intelligence warnings were overlooked in the weeks and months ahead of an attack by an unknown number of terrorists, perhaps as few as four, who stormed a Nairobi shopping mall during a busy Saturday lunch hour.

• 34 Incomeppc // Nov 19, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Not available at the moment spotless apparently advanced american telephones game accusation Obama noted that he addressed the Navy Yard tragedy at the top of his speech, and that he was constantly in touch with his national security team throughout the day on Monday as they gathered information about the shooting.

• 35 Tyron // Nov 21, 2014 at 5:09 am

Insufficient funds http://greenwoodsstatebank.com/personal-loans/ i need a short term loan Ballard had a nice over-the-shoulder catch on a pass from Tom Brady on Friday and is taking a regular turn in practice. And with Rob Gronkowski’s status for the start of the season in jeopardy after June back surgery and four surgeries on his arm after breaking it in November, and Hernandez in jail and off the team, Belichick’s investment in Ballard is paying off.

• 36 Giovanni // Nov 22, 2014 at 10:42 am

I’m originally from Dublin but now live in Edinburgh key bank personal loan Home building in the US edged higher in September, but a recent rise in long-term interest rates for mortgages is keeping people from buying. Rates have gone up based on the stimulus being reduced soon.

• 37 Bobber // Nov 23, 2014 at 1:54 pm

I’d like to change some money bimatoprost purchases The firm, majority-owned by private equity company TerraFirma, said on Tuesday the initial public offering(IPO) would seek to raise 575-592 million euros ($740-762million) versus an initial goal of up to 1.2 billion euros.

• 38 Riley // Nov 24, 2014 at 9:40 am

I’m sorry, she’s bimatoprost uk Believing in Jesus and telling others about Him (a New Testament requirement) should not make us criminals in the eyes of the police. Since becoming an evangelist at the age of 24, I have experienced intimidation, including death threats and violence, from members of the public who did not appreciate my telling them about Jesus.

• 39 Freelove // Nov 25, 2014 at 4:53 am

Who do you work for? serpent bimatoprost online overnight further Twelve moviegoers were shot to death in the spree and 58 others were wounded, while another dozen people were injured fleeing the theater. Prosecutors have said they will seek the death penalty against Holmes, a California native, if he is convicted.