The weekend is here and brings with it some fantastic events. Enjoy your weekend in Ballard!
Friday, October 25:
- Ballard Boys and Girls Club 9th Annual BBQ/Auction at 1767 NW 64th St from 5:30 – 9: 30 p.m. Proceeds from the event will assist the many important programs and facilities that the Ballard Boys and Girls Club offers throughout the year. Many great prizes will be auctioned off including Macklemore tickets. There are limited tickets available for $55 at the door. Click here to find out more.
Saturday, October 26:
- Ballard Preschool Co-op Kids Gear Sale at Phinney Neighborhood Center (6532 Phinney Ave N. Community Hall, Lower Brick Building) from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. They will have gently used clothes (newborn to size 8), shoes, toys and gear such as cribs, beds, car seats, strollers, maternity wear, and more. Organizers recommend getting in line before 9 a.m. Click here to find out more.
- Sustainable Ballard Open House at Ballard Library (5614 22nd Ave NW) from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Sustainable Ballard is welcoming all members of the Ballard community to another fun and informative open house at the Ballard Library. These free snack-and-chat sessions give neighbors the chance to say hello and learn about the wide array of Sustainable Ballard projects and events on the boards. Coffee and light breakfast goodies will be served. Click here for more details.
- Fall Family Festival at Mars Hill Church (1401 NW Leary Way) at from 11 a.m. Come join a day of free, safe fun as they turn their building into a fun house extravaganza. The Fall Family Festival is a place for families to dress up, eat candy and enjoy the season. They will have Bouncy House Inflatables, carnival booths, food, candy, and even a giant maze. Admission is free, however, for the safety of the kids, no adults will be admitted without children. Click here to learn more.
- Halloween Wonderland at American Dance Institute (8001 Greenwood Ave N) from 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. In conjunction with Hunger Goblin Safe Trick or Treat up and down Greenwood and Phinney Ave N. Come in costume to ADI and do some tricks to get your treats. Tip-toe through the Tombstones, Hop through Hoops, Jump over Jack O’ Lanterns and dance with our ghosts, goblins and witches. Family fun for all. Click here for more details.
- Kids Monster Mash Halloween Dance Party at Illumination Learning Studio (7720 Greenwood Ave N Suite 101 and 102) from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. Dance Party in Studio 2 and Candy Exchange in Studio 1. This fun free event is our way to meet more of our neighbors! Click here for more.
- Complete Your College Application at Ballard Library (5614 22nd Ave NW) from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. College deadlines are approaching! 12th graders and their families can get help completing applications and essays for community, technical and four-year colleges. Click here for more details.
- Comedy Sportz Seattle Show Kidz Matinee at Ballard Underground (2220 NW Market Street) at 2 p.m. . Click here for more details and to buy tickets.
- Kangaroo and Kiwi Halloween Party (2026 NW Market St) from 8 p.m. No cover, DJ, costume contest and prizes.
- Tarasco Karaoke Halloween Party (1452 NW 70th St) from 9 p.m. Costume contest and prizes galore.
Sunday, October 27:
- Ballard Farmers Markets along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Click here to see this week’s specials.
- Wax On Event at Anchors Down Bar (2016 NW Market St) from 4 p.m. Every Sunday at Anchors Down, bring in your vinyl records to listen to and share with fellow music junkies. All vinyl, all day, and an all day happy hour. We’ll take turns playing our favorite cuts and talk about music through the years. All music welcome!
- From Sweden With Love Event at Swedish Club (1920 Dexter Ave N) from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. It’s an intriguing combination for an unforgettable evening filled with entertainment, excellent cuisine and opportunities to bid on hard-to-resist items! You’ll have a chance to mix and mingle and get a taste of James Bond style, the Swedish way. All proceeds will benefit the Swedish Club’s new roof. Click here to find out more and to buy tickets.
- Ballard Elks Lodge Ballroom Dancing (6411 Seaview Ave NW) from 7 p.m. – 10 pm. Live music will be provided by The Eddy Fukano Band. Singles and couples are welcome and cost is $7 per person. Click here for more details.