The team at My Ballard would like to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving! We hope that you are enjoying the day and giving thanks for the special things and people in your life.
There are a ton of things happening in Ballard today so we wanted to keep you up to date with everything in the 2013 Ballard Thanksgiving Roundup:
- 7th Annual Seattle Turkey Trot 5 km walk/jog/run is starting at 9 a.m. above Golden Gardens (32nd Ave NW and NW 85th St). All proceeds raised go to Ballard Food Bank. 3000 people are set to participate.
- Old Redeemer’s Lutheran Church (2400 NW 85th St) is offering a free Thanksgiving Lunch to all members of the community at 12 noon. Sleeping bags will also be distributed to those in need.
- Safeway (1423 NW Market St) is open 24 hours.
- Ballard Market (1400 NW 56th St) is open all day until 4 p.m.
- QFC (5700 24th Ave NW) is open all day until 6 p.m.
- Cupcake Royale (2052 NW Market St) is open from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. Buy a Stumptown espresso beverage and receive a free Pumpkin Maple Baby Cake.
- Hattie’s Hat (5231 Ballard Ave NW) is open all day from 10 a.m. – 2 a.m. Turkey legs and fixin’s available at 5p.m., and karaoke hosted will kick off at 9 p.m.
- Toast Ballard (5615 24th Ave NW) is open from 8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Percy’s and Co. (5233 Ballard Ave NW) is open from 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Olaf’s (6301 24th Ave NW) is open from 5 p.m. serving drinks only.
- The Market Arms (2401 NW Market St) is open from 5 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Lockspot Café (3005 NW 54th St) is open from 4 p.m. with volunteer staff. A Turkey Dinner special with home made pies will be available.
- All US post offices
- Most major banks and credit unions
- Seattle Transfer stations
- Ballard Library
- Ballard Neighborhood Service Center (will remain closed through Sunday, December 1)
- All Seattle Parks and Recreation community centers including Ballard Pool
- Plan ahead if travelling along/nearby the Seattle Turkey Trot route. The event starts at 9 a.m. with staging on Loyal Way NW between 31st and 32nd Ave NW The event then moves south on 32nd Ave NW; west on NW 77th St; south on 34th Ave NW; west on NW 57th St; northwest on 37th Pl NW; north on the Burke-Gilman Trail and curb lane along the east side of Seaview Avenue NW; ending at Golden Gardens Park. Motorists can expect delays along the run route.
Things to remember:
- On-street parking is free in Seattle on Thanksgiving Day.
- King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a Sunday schedule Thanksgiving Day and will run on a reduced weekly schedule on Friday, November 29, with no UW campus service.
- Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling will not be picked up in Seattle on Thanksgiving Day. Collections scheduled for Thursday will occur on Friday, and Friday collections will occur on Saturday due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Please be sure to have your containers out by 7 a.m. to ensure collection.
Do you know of any other events or information for Thanksgiving Day 2013 in Ballard? Email us at email@example.com