Ballard High School’s wrestling team competed against seven other high schools in the Chief Sealth Invitational wrestling tournament this past Friday in West Seattle and came away with their first meet win in over a decade. Ballard sent 10 wrestlers to the meet and seven of them placed:
- Sophomore Elliott Bailey placed 1st in the 113 pound weight class
- Sophomore Jaylen Schmidt placed 1st in the 126 pound weight class
- Senior Austin Daffron placed 1st in the 132 pound weight class. He also won the award for fastest pin.
- Junior Chris White placed 3rd in the 145 pound weight class
- Senior Khasbold Bataa placed 3rd in the 170 pound weight class
- Senior Jack Deal placed 2nd in the 220 pound weight class
- Junior Adam Deehring placed first in the 285 pound weight class
This is a great victory for the Beavers and their first year head coach George Foster and assistant Phillip Eggleston. The team hosts Sammamish High School Monday night at 7:30 pm. More information on the team can be found at www.wrestling.ballardathletics.org
Photo courtesy of Ballard Athletics.