The first weekend of 2014 is here. Enjoy it in Ballard at some of the exciting events listed below:
Friday, January 3:
- Game On at Ballard Library (5614 22nd Ave NW) from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. First Friday gaming for teens happens every month at the Ballard Branch. Come to the Library for board games, Kinect, Wii play and more! For grades 6-12.
Saturday, January 4:
- New Year’s Resolution Bootcamp Class at Golden Gardens (8498 Seaview Pl NW) from 8 – 9 a.m. Class is free. Meet at the north end of the parking lot. Bring light hand weights 3-10lbs, a mat, and water. Click here for more details.
- Recess Monkey at Ridge Romp at Phinney Neighborhood Center (6615 Dayton Avenue N) from 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Recess Monkey is an acclaimed kids band comprised of three teachers from Seattle. Tickets are $5, babes-in-arms free. Tickets available at the door or at Brown Paper Tickets.
- Free Acupuncture for new patients at Purple Dragon Healing Arts (7324 15th Ave NW) from 1:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. Click here to make an appointment.
- Scandinavian Juletrefest (Christmas Festival) at Philadelphia Church (7704 24th Ave NW) at 5 p.m.
Sunday, January 5:
- Ballard Farmers Markets along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Click here to see this week’s specials.
- Wax On Event at Anchors Down Bar (2016 NW Market St) from 4 p.m. Every Sunday at Anchors Down, bring in your vinyl records to listen to and share with fellow music junkies. All vinyl, all day, and an all day happy hour. We’ll take turns playing our favorite cuts and talk about music through the years. All music welcome!
- Ballard Elks Lodge Ballroom Dancing (6411 Seaview Ave NW) from 7 p.m. – 10 pm. Live music will be provided by The Eddy Fukano Band. Singles and couples are welcome and cost is $7 per person. Click here for more details.
Do you know of an event happening this weekend or in future in our neighborhood? You can submit it on our brand new events calendar here on MyBallard.com, or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we include it in our weekly weekend roundup