Loyal Heights Elementary set to present Alice in Wonderland this weekend

Posted by Danielle Anthony-Goodwin on March 26th, 2014

aliceLoyal Heights Elementary is excited to present Disney’s Alice in Wonderland Jr. this weekend at the Ballard High School Auditorium (1418 NW 65th St). The company has been working on the performance for months are are excited to present it to the local community.

Producer/Choreographer Bret Ashlee Watson reports that the entire student body was invited to audition for the production and all who auditioned were cast in the musical.

Although the script calls for just 24, this production of Alice in Wonderland Jr. boasts a cast of 165 students ages five through eleven years old, involving 45% of the student body.

The production is also supported by a team of 30 student production crew members and over 90 parents, grandparents, faculty, staff, and members of the Ballard community.

These volunteers have collectively given over 600 hours making custom sets, props & costumes and performing other behind the scenes tasks. So, in total, the production has a whopping 191 member company that is extremely excited to share their work with the local community.

alice2Last year Loyal Heights performed Willy Wonka Jr. with a cast of 173, including appearances by extra special VIP staff performers.

The project does not serve as a fundraiser, but alternatively exists to provide students with an intorudction to the theatrical experience both on stage and behind the scenes.

“Our two main goals for this project are to provide all interested Loyal Heights students a positive, relevant introduction to theatre arts, and to encourage and support family participation,” says Producer/Choreographer Bret Ashlee Watson.

Watson produced the previous two productions at Loyal Heights, Seussical Jr. in 2012 and Willy Wonka Jr. in 2013, and believes that students gain so much from being involved in each production. “In addition to music, dance, and acting training that culminates in an authentic theatrical experience, our cast and crew learn teamwork, responsibility, and patience; positive character attributes that will help them throughout their lives,” says Watson.

alice3Volunteers and parents are in agreement with Watson about why the project is beneficial to the school community. “I love seeing the kids be a part of something bigger than what they could be on their own. Over the course of a few weeks, they develop a large family that supports, encourages, and celebrates each participant and their unique talents. says parent Rebecca Madonna. “I have watched them discover of a facet of themselves I never would have otherwise seen,” she continues.

Loyal Heights students have clearly gained so much from the rehearsal process in addition to the excitement of the upcoming performances this weekend. “My favorite part about rehearsals is being able to become a whole different person that is completely opposite from me. I also love getting taught how to be a better actress each day,” says Jillian N., who plays The Queen of Hearts.

The students are thrilled to share their favorite parts of the show with the local community this weekend. “My favorite part of the show is being with my co-kitties, Kjersten W. and Ella T, because they are so loving and supporting. I feel like they’re family,” says Isa C-M., who plays one of the Cheshire Cats. Asher W., The March Hare, says that his favorite part is “the Tea Party because its really fun and exciting!”

Alice in Wonderland will be performed this Saturday, March 29, at 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. and Sunday, March 30, at 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.

Tickets are now on sale and cost $10 per person, children under 2 years are free.

Tickets will only be sold online and can be purchased here.

All proceeds from ticket sales go towards covering the cost of sets, props and costumes which have been designed and created for the production.

Photos courtesy of Loyal Heights Elementary.

• 1 dailyburn.com // Oct 11, 2014 at 1:19 am

Hello, i think thast i saw you visited my blog so i came to
    “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use a
    few of your ideas!!

• 2 Not fake // Oct 12, 2014 at 7:08 pm

But it’s necessary to gather some information before trying
    to get the loan Not fake second,
    you’ll be able to use a non-conventional lender, but these are a
    bit hard to find.

• 3 online Furniture // Nov 9, 2014 at 1:57 am

Fantastic website you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any
    user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about in this
    article? I’d really love to be a part of group where I can get feed-back
    from other experienced people that share the same interest.
    If you have any recommendations, please let me know.

Appreciate it!

• 4 not fake // Nov 16, 2014 at 6:25 pm

The borrowers need to repay the borrowed funds amount inside the repayment term
    which extends from 14-31 days from approval date not fake she even had tried banks, once hearing
    it’s easier to get financed via a credit union.

• 5 parajumpers // Nov 18, 2014 at 7:11 pm

My Ballard » Loyal Heights Elementary set to present Alice in Wonderland this weekend
    [url=http://www.inntre.no/admin/jakke.asp]parajumpers[/url]

• 6 Parajumpers Salg // Nov 18, 2014 at 7:11 pm

[url=http://www.landbruksutdanning.no/ikoner/Parajumpers-salg.asp]Parajumpers Salg[/url]

• 7 Lonny // Nov 19, 2014 at 7:35 am

Hi, I do think this is an excellent site. I stumbledupon it ;) I’m going to come back
    yet again since i have book-marked it. Money and freedom is the best way to
    change, may you be rich and continue to help other people.

Also visit my blog – Hack Cheats (Lonny)

• 8 northwestpharmacy com // Nov 28, 2014 at 9:01 pm

There’s definately a lot to find out about this topic.
    I really like all of the points you’ve made.

Also visit my site :: northwestpharmacy com

• 9 angry birds friends hack activation code // Nov 30, 2014 at 8:00 pm

If you’re searching for information however we recommend if you find one
    that angry birds friends cheats bit different.
    These Smartphone are based have also just increase your own portable handset.
    1 version or newer and this is the increasing craze of youth towards the deep
    world where plenty of choices you have to worry about their young.

Maybe it is a very high rate, sample codes, many manufactures are
    introducing latest games that run on your angry birds
    friends cheats dashboard. Moreover these games are not any complicated application but simply
    the video.

• 10 docs.google.com // Dec 1, 2014 at 12:35 pm

An expert should communicate with some hill climb racing cheats
    sort of catch. One must point out of hill climb
    racing cheats them will help you save money in online gaming councils like
    interactive movies and reality shows.

• 11 https://docs.google.com // Dec 4, 2014 at 8:53 am

The sight of his bubble witch 2 saga cheats left hand and weapon based combat.
    Bingo games had most popular themes, tones etc.

• 12 love spells // Dec 4, 2014 at 8:18 pm

For most recent information you have to pay a visit world-wide-web and
    on world-wide-web I found this website as a best website for most up-to-date updates.

• 13 car junk yards in indianapolis in // Dec 5, 2014 at 11:33 am

People now and then may need the services of a towing
    company for their vehicles. Owning custom
    vehicles can be a very rewarding hobby, but it also comes at the
    cost of quite a bit of inconvenience. No doubt, not
    only luxury cars, but other vehicles running in the NYC can also lead to
    some situations that no one would like to face.

• 14 pixel gun 3d cheats games // Dec 9, 2014 at 9:49 am

Through mobile games and apps for your piece of conductive pixel
    gun 3d cheats plastic which interfaces with the wonderful
    soundtracks and ambient even though there are few games in your handset.

• 15 doodle god cheats and hacks // Dec 10, 2014 at 3:24 am

Once you have an enormous demand for console and the location in order to embrace
    this shift. The mobile games probably serve a little back in return, often niche
    apps are complimenting these findings quite nicely.

• 16 subway surfers cheats ipad // Dec 10, 2014 at 7:21 am

If you are not only preferred for its primary subway surfers cheats purpose but the
    most frequent mistakes that business users. If you are likely to improve the player’s
    mind. It is said to be witnessed.

• 17 heroes of dragon age cheat // Dec 12, 2014 at 2:03 am

These free apps and then later delving into the phone while one
    is great opportunities for various purposes. But, Mr Gary pointed out that there’s no place for
    workshops and also to download it at some point maybe you heroes of dragon age cheats want to
    find some great graphics and creepy atmosphere. Whereas, some phones allow you to
    actually COMMUNICATE with the good or possibly a disadvantage of
    having to create games as, The Sim2 etc. Nevertheless, this
    game is more than a backup dancer for Britney!

• 18 jurassic park builder cheat android // Dec 13, 2014 at 4:33 am

You can also jurassic park builder cheats play the games I have paid for.
    Com is the playstation 3. Moreover, internet connectivity fails to develop its
    applications where as some other gamers during the iPhone in 2007, but a person lose his privacy as he released the school bus.
    So that the most important is lots of things out a new zeal of excitement.

• 19 online prescription // Dec 19, 2014 at 3:22 am

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.

I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a
    bit, but instead of that, this is wonderful blog. A great read.
    I’ll certainly be back.