The 12th annual Ballard Jazz Festival is set to kick off tonight and continue through until April, 19. The festival will feature a wide variety of modern American music at clubs, bars, shops, and at the Nordic Heritage Museum.
The four day festival has grown into a significant part of the Northwest’s jazz and live music scene featuring many well-known local and international musicians. Saxophonist Sonny Fortune and jazz pianist Chano Dominguez are this year’s headline acts.
Check out the list of festival highlights below:
Wednesday, April 16:
- Brotherhood of the Drum (21+) at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) from 8 p.m. Tickets: $15 (available at the door).
Thursday, April 17:
- Guitar Summit (21+) at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) from 8 p.m. Tickets: $15, $13 online advance.
Friday, April 18:
- The Ballard Jazz Walk (All Ages) starts at New York Fashion Academy (5201 Ballard Ave NW) at 7 p.m. Tickets: $30, $26 online advance.
Saturday, April 19:
- Swedish Pancake Jazz Brunch (All Ages) at The Nordic Heritage Museum (3014 NW 67th St) from 11 a.m. – 1 :30 p.m. Tickets: $15, $12 online advance.
- Mainstage Concert (All Ages) at The Nordic Heritage Museum (3014 NW 67th St) from 7:30 p.m. Tickets: $18-55, $15-$50 online advance.
Click here to check out the complete festival schedule.
Tickets to both individual events and festival passes are available online. Ticket costs vary for each individual show and festival passes are available for $100.
Photo courtesy of Ballard Jazz Festival.