Seattle Beer Week is on until this Sunday, May 18th, and many Ballard watering holes are involved in the action this year.
The city wide event comprises of a variety of sudsy events including 240 beer-dinner pairings, competitions, meet-the-brewer nights and of course multitudes of tasting events.
The event, that according to our news partners at The Seattle Times, started as a casual get together among local brewers and their friends has turned into a large scale event with brewers from across the country descending on Seattle to be part of the action.
“It feels more like the Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) — overwhelming with events from morning to night, with venues on both sides of the bridge,” writes Tan Vinh from The Seattle Times.
Here in our ‘hood the following watering holes are participating in the event:
- The Dray (708 NW 65th St) is hosting the week (and a half) long event, Squirreled Away at The Dray, everyday throughout the festival. The local establishment is also hosting a Parking Lot Party this Sunday, May 18, featuring beer, tacos, tortas, sunshine, and more.
- Bitterroot BBQ (5239 Ballard Ave NW) is hosting the Ballard Beer Brodeo from 3 p.m. – 10 p.m. on Tuesday, May 13, featuring brews from Bad Jimmy’s, Hilliard’s, Reuben’s Brews, NW Peaks, Peddler, Populuxe, Stoup, Hale’s Ales, Maritime Pacific Brewing & Urban Family Public House. The Bitterroot team is also hosting Smoke and Birrors from 3 p.m. – 10 p.m. on Sunday, May 18, showcasing Smoked Beers & a pig roast.
- King’s Hardware (5225 Ballard Ave NW) is hosting the Canned Beer Skee Ball Tourney from 7 p.m. – 11 p.m. on May 13.
- The Sloop Tavern (2830 NW Market St) is hosting a Meet the Brewer event from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. on Tuesday, May 13. The event will feature Seapine Brewing Company’s Master Brewer Drew.
- Chuck’s 85th Street Market (656 NW 85th St) is hosting multiple events throughout the festival including Afternoon in the Boneyard from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. on Wednesday, May 14. Click here to check out all of the events hosted at Chuck’s.
- The Noble Fir (5316 Ballard Ave NW) is hosting the Snipes Mountain Sour Night from 4 p.m. on Wednesday, May 14. The team is also hosting the 3rd Annual Luau Party featuring Maui Brewing from 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. on Saturday, May 17.
- Peddler Brewing Company (1514 NW Leary Way) is hosting the Ballard Brewshed Pub Crawl from 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 15. Tickets are $15.
- BevMo! Ballard (850 NW 45th St) is hosting the Sound Brewing event from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. on Friday, May 16. They are also hosting the American Brewing Tasting from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. on Saturday, May 17.
- Barking Dog Alehouse (705 NW 70th St) is hosting the Kids Super Fun Day event from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. on Saturday, May 17.
Enjoy your week of beer in Ballard! Click here to learn more about Seattle Beer Week.