The Ballard Memorial Day Roundup

Posted by Danielle Anthony-Goodwin on May 26th, 2014

By Joe Veyera

This Monday, we pay tribute to those who died while serving in the nation’s armed forces. Here’s what’s happening in Ballard this Memorial Day:

• The Ballard Elks Lodge #827 is hosting a Memorial Day ceremony at 9:30 a.m. at Crown Hill Cemetery (8712 12th Ave NW), followed by a brunch at the lodge (6411 Seaview Ave NW) at 10:30 a.m.
  • The Lodge is also hosting it’s first annual 4×4 and Truck Show in the Lodge parking lot. This is a rain or shine event, with a suggested donation of $20 to enter your truck or 4×4, with all proceeds going to charity. This event starts at 8 a.m.
  • The Lodge is also hosting a “Rock for Oso” benefit show, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the United Way Disaster Recovery Fund for mudslide relief. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets can be purchased here.
  • Li’l Woody’s will be giving away free hamburgers between 2 and 5 p.m. at their Capitol Hill and Ballard (2040 NW Market Street) locations. Limit one per customer.
  • Goodwill is hosting its annual Memorial Day sale. Pink tagged items are 99 cents, while all red and blue tagged items are 40 percent off. Doors open at 8 a.m. at all locations, including their Ballard store (6400 8th Ave. NW).

What’s closed:

Things to remember:

Do you know of any other events or information for Memorial Day in Ballard? Email us at tips@myballard.com and we will add the information to our post.

• 1 zs10 protectors replacement // Nov 17, 2014 at 6:00 pm

What i don’t understood is in fact how you are not actually a lot more
    well-favored than you may be now. You’re so intelligent. You realize therefore significantly with regards
    to this subject, made me in my opinion consider it from numerous varied angles.
    Its like men and women are not interested except it is one thing to accomplish with Girl gaga!

Your own stuffs great. At all times handle it up!

• 2 fl oz reef // Nov 22, 2014 at 3:02 pm

Hello would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using?
    I’m going to start my own blog in the near future but
    I’m having a difficult time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely
    unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

• 3 japan ricebowl yasuragi japanese // Nov 29, 2014 at 7:15 am

Thanks for sharing such a good idea, paragraph is pleasant, thats why i
    have read it fully

• 4 cartoon silicone iseecase // Dec 1, 2014 at 7:14 pm

I’ll right away seize your rss feed as I can not find your e-mail
    subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Please permit me recognise
    so that I may subscribe. Thanks.

• 5 lorenzo cana italian lightblue // Dec 4, 2014 at 12:25 pm

I like reading through an article that will make men and women think.
    Also, thank you for allowing for me to comment!

• 6 EjBcuU // Dec 8, 2014 at 8:49 pm

593996 31559This is something I actually have to try and do a lot of analysis into, thanks for the post 476057

• 7 vehicle adapter motorola // Dec 11, 2014 at 7:12 am

Hi there, I log on to your blogs like every week. Your humoristic style
    is awesome, keep it up!

• 8 stripes designer cufflinks // Dec 15, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Good day! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out
    and tell you I really enjoy reading through your posts.
    Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same topics?
    Thank you so much!