By Joe Veyera
This Monday, we pay tribute to those who died while serving in the nation’s armed forces. Here’s what’s happening in Ballard this Memorial Day:
- The Ballard Elks Lodge #827 is hosting a Memorial Day ceremony at 9:30 a.m. at Crown Hill Cemetery (8712 12th Ave NW), followed by a brunch at the lodge (6411 Seaview Ave NW) at 10:30 a.m.
- The Lodge is also hosting it’s first annual 4×4 and Truck Show in the Lodge parking lot. This is a rain or shine event, with a suggested donation of $20 to enter your truck or 4×4, with all proceeds going to charity. This event starts at 8 a.m.
- The Lodge is also hosting a “Rock for Oso” benefit show, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the United Way Disaster Recovery Fund for mudslide relief. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Li’l Woody’s will be giving away free hamburgers between 2 and 5 p.m. at their Capitol Hill and Ballard (2040 NW Market Street) locations. Limit one per customer.
- Goodwill is hosting its annual Memorial Day sale. Pink tagged items are 99 cents, while all red and blue tagged items are 40 percent off. Doors open at 8 a.m. at all locations, including their Ballard store (6400 8th Ave. NW).
- All U.S. Post Offices
- Most major banks and credit unions
- All locations of The Seattle Public Library
- Ballard Neighborhood Service Center
- All Seattle Public Schools and district offices
Things to remember:
- On-street parking is free in the City of Seattle.
- All King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling pick-up will be on a normal schedule.
Do you know of any other events or information for Memorial Day in Ballard? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add the information to our post.