By Joe Veyera
With Father’s Day upon us this Sunday, there are plenty of ways to honor dad in Ballard. Take a look at some of the ways to spend Father’s Day in the neighborhood:
- Dadcakes at Cupcake Royale (2052 NW Market St) — Now through Sunday, Cupcake Royale is selling their Dadcakes, a Hilliard’s Murdered Out Stout cupcake, with chocolate buttercream and dunked with housemade Zoe’s Smoked Bacon, pretzel, and chocolate covered toffee. Also, those who download the FOCR (Friend of Cupcake Royale) app can unlock an offer for a free scoop of ice cream for dad with the purchase of a scoop. Click here for more details.
- Father’s Day Classic Car Show at the Ballard Locks from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., with vehicles from the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s.
- Free Screening of The Sandlot at Majestic Bay (2044 NW Market St) beginning at 9 a.m. The Seattle Jewish Film Festival Best of Fest is showing this timeless flick as a family friendly way to kick off Father’s Day. Click here for more details.
- Raffle at Ray’s Boathouse (6049 Seaview Ave NW) – Each $5 donation through June 15 gets you an entry in the Father’s Day raffle, with the grand prize winner receiving a Big Green Egg smoker/grill package. Winner must be present to claim prize. Click here for more details.
- Father’s Day Special at Old Ballard Liquor Company (4421 Shilshole Ave NW) — Stop by the tasting room to pick up a limited edition of Bourbon Barreled Bounce, and receive 10 percent off when you say it’s for Dad. Click here for more details.
- Father’s Day Brunch at Golden Beetle (1744 NW Market St) – A three-course prix fixe brunch will be served, with options including Spicy Skagit River ranch bacon hash, Eggs Morney, and a roasted summer vegetable scramble. Cost is $25 and reservations can be made online or by phone at (206) 706-2977.
Know of an event or promotion that’s not on the list? Email us at email@example.com, and we’ll update the list!
Happy Father’s Day to all the Ballard dads from the team at My Ballard!