Two attacked in pair of robberies in Ballard on Saturday

Posted by Danielle Anthony-Goodwin on June 27th, 2014

By Joe Veyera

According to a report from KOMO-TV’s Michael Harthorne, the Seattle Police Department (SPD) is investigating after a pair of robberies in Ballard late Saturday night.

According to police reports obtained by KOMO, in the first incident, a woman was walking in the 200 block of North 46th Street when she was approached by the suspect, punched in the face, and had her cellphone stolen. The victim was unable to provide police with a description, but a neighbor reported hearing the victim screaming, and said they saw a man wearing a baseball cap and backpack fleeing the scene shortly thereafter. The neighbor stayed with the victim until help arrived, with the victim being transported to Harborview Medical Center with a possible broken nose.

In the second incident, a man was walking in the 400 block of Northwest Market Street, approximately a half a mile from the first robbery, around 11:45 p.m., and was listening to music on his cellphone when he saw a shadow come at him from behind. The victim told police the next thing he remembered was being on the ground, dazed and confused, and said he may have been briefly unconscious. The victim’s wallet and cellphone were missing, and there was no one around when he came to.

SPD officers conducted a search of the area, but were unable to locate the suspect.

Anyone with information regarding the incidents is asked to call the SPD Tip Line at 206-233-5000. Tipsters may remain anonymous.

• 1 Profile photo of Salmon Bay Salmon Bay // Jun 27, 2014 at 2:37 pm

200 block of North 46th Street
    Isn’t that in Wallingford or Phinney?

• 2 Profile photo of JM98107 JM98107 // Jun 27, 2014 at 2:38 pm

The Ballard addicts and alcoholics need your money.

• 3 Stinky Bum // Jul 1, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Find my Phone feature might come in handy. Yay, Apple!

• 4 K // Jul 2, 2014 at 1:35 pm

There was a report on King5 of 5 incidents last week at Golden Gardens of people being beaten and robbed at night there…but the report said it was adult by a group of about 10 people and lots of kicking and use of brass knuckles. Sounds like a similar MO with this one person.

• 5 microfiber mirrorles replacement batteries // Nov 24, 2014 at 10:13 am

Do you have any video of that? I’d like to find out some additional information.

• 6 ipad mini creative personalized // Nov 29, 2014 at 12:12 am

I visited multiple sites however the audio feature for audio songs existing at this site is genuinely fabulous.

• 7 chocolate lollipop molding // Nov 30, 2014 at 12:33 pm

I really like reading through a post that can make men and women think.
    Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!

• 8 samsung tab galaxy note // Dec 5, 2014 at 12:24 pm

If you want to obtain a good deal from this article then you
    have to apply such techniques to your won webpage.

• 9 blue mens running shoes // Dec 11, 2014 at 8:46 am

Good day I am so delighted I found your blog page, I
    really found you by error, while I was searching on Yahoo for something else, Regardless
    I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a incredible post and a all
    round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t
    have time to read through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I
    have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the great
    job.