By Joe Veyera
This Friday, we celebrate our nation’s birthday. Here’s a sampling of what’s happening in Ballard this Independence Day:
- Porkchop & Co. (5451 Leary Ave NW) is hosting an all-day picnic party, serving pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ spareribs, and smoked chicken, along with potato salad, baked beans, mac and cheese, and more. Reuben’s Brews will be $4 all day as well.
- Morsel and Bean (5905 15th Ave NW) is also taking the BBQ route, hosting a BBQ and meet and greet in their new Ballard location from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information, click here.
- The Seattle Civic Band will be performing patriotic marching favorites as part of the Summer Concerts at the Ballard Locks series. The show starts at 2 p.m. on the Ballard Locks lawn. Click here to see the full summer schedule.
- Cupcake Royale (2052 NW Market St) is offering buy one, get one ice cream scoops to those using their F.O.C.R. (Friends of Cupcake Royale) mobile app to celebrate our nation’s birthday.
- All U.S. Post Offices
- Most major banks and credit unions
- All locations of The Seattle Public Library
- Ballard Neighborhood Service Center
- All Seattle Public Schools and district offices
- The Ballard Elks Lodge
- All indoor swimming pools in the City of Seattle, including the Ballard Pool
Things to remember:
- On-street parking is free in the City of Seattle.
- All King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling pick-up will be on a normal schedule.
- The use of fireworks is illegal within the Seattle city limits.
Do you know of any other events or information for Independence Day in Ballard? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add the information to our post.