New Dawn Guatemala hosts fundraiser on Wednesday evening

Posted by Danielle Anthony-Goodwin on July 15th, 2014

By Joe Veyera

A Seattle-based non-profit will host a fundraiser at Chuck’s Hop Shop (656 NW 85th St) on Wednesday evening, with the proceeds going to benefit a rural community in Guatemala.

The fundraiser by New Dawn Guatemala for the community of Nuevo Amanacer will try to raise money for several projects. The group plans to help provide scholarships for students to attend school, along with money for cisterns to help with irrigation in the area, thereby avoiding the need to purchase more water, as well as converting local trash into building materials, and assisting in adding new roofs to their buildings.

Streetzeria will be on hand for dinner, along with Breakside Brewing and 10 Barrel Brewing.

Founded in the summer of 2013 by a small group of Seattle residents, New Dawn Guatemala is dedicated to maintaining positive links with Nuevo Amanecer and the surrounding region. According to their website, last year the group funded scholarships and job training for kindergarten, high school and technical college students, along with funding a community festival designed to cultivate and maintain the community’s history, a bus shelter and a “diagnostico” (community assessment survey) conducted by community members.

For more information on the event, click here.

• 1 credit card deals // Jan 8, 2015 at 4:57 am

I have some videos that say “includes third party content” and others that say “blocked in some countries” (due to copyright).. Is it still possible for me to become a partner (considering I have all of the other requirements filled).

• 2 premium wordpress themes // Jan 9, 2015 at 5:47 am

I am starting a Virtual assistant business and would like to start building a website that can expand with me. I am on a very limited income so I need to start it for next to no money upfront. Please help..

• 3 Faivish Pewzner // Jan 9, 2015 at 7:03 am

I have just downloaded Joomla Stand Alone Server (JSAS) but i havent seen or set the password for the administrator console within.. I wondered whether or not there is a default username/password for this, if so, what is it?. . Thanks.

• 4 Faivish Pewzner // Jan 9, 2015 at 4:35 pm

I’m going to start a serious blog that will eventually hold a great deal of content. I am a graphic designer, and my husband does my web programming, so this is for reals (haha, yes I just said that). That being said, I’ve already started collecting my content and writing entries, but just how much content should a brand new blog have when you “unveil” it to the world (ideally)?. . Thanks :).

• 5 dishnet review // Jan 10, 2015 at 7:24 am

My friend put together my small business website in dreamweaver for me. However, I now want to maintain it myself—my friend recommended putting it into wordpress. However, I am not a web designer and have no idea what I’m doing—is there an easy way to convert my current website from dreamweaver to wordpress (for someone who can’t read code, etc). . Thanks!.

• 6 unique dresses // Jan 11, 2015 at 7:52 am

I like Facebook, but I hate that their notes section isn’t as appealing as MySpace’s blogs. I’ve recently transferred a blog from MySpace to Facebook using the “share” icon located beneath each blog.. . However, I do not like the way it appears on my Facebook page. Are there any better ways to import my blogs?.

• 7 best gay dating app // Jan 12, 2015 at 9:20 am

How do I start blogging and make money at the same time?