By Joe Veyera
The Water1st International Young Professionals Board will host an evening of food, drinks, and football in support of water projects in Ethiopia, Honduras, and Bangladesh this Thursday evening at Hilliard’s Tap Room (1550 NW 49th Street).
Doors open at 6 p.m. for the fundraiser, with attendees encouraged to arrive by 6:45 p.m for a short program from Water1st. The Seahawks preseason game against Oakland will be on the big screen at 7 p.m., with live music at halftime.
Tickets for the event (which can be purchased online or at the door) are $20 per person, and include one free beer pour and one free food ticket. The first 100 people through the door will also receive a free Water1st Beer2nd glass. A raffle for the event boasts a wide range of prizes, including:
- Mariners Tickets
- Sounders Tickets
- Sugar Plum Spa gift certificates
- Comprehensive dental exam, cleaning, x-rays – Irene S. Parkhill DDS
- Haircut & style — The Edge Salon, Wallingford
- One-hour Private Pilates Class for 10 on Capitol Hill with Wade Brill
- $40 gift certificate at Eureka Restaurant in U Village
- Salon services package at Stylus
- Tickets to The Crocodile
- Tickets to Nectar Lounge
- Vegan, gluten-free chocolate chip cookies from Skydottir Epic Cookies
- Uncle Harry’s Natural Products gift bag
Attendees are also asked to consider bringing the contents of their piggy banks and coin jars that are gathering dust, with the hopes of filling a giant jar with pocket change that will also go toward their efforts.
For more information on the event, click here.