Check out what’s happening in our ‘hood today in our Labor Day round up:
- Li’l Woody’s will be giving away free hamburgers between 2 and 5 p.m. at their Capitol Hill and Ballard (2040 NW Market Street) locations. Limit one per customer.
- Goodwill is hosting its annual Labor Day sale. Blue tagged items are 99 cents, while all green and pink tagged items are 40 percent off. Doors open at 8 a.m. at all locations, including their Ballard store (6400 8th Ave. NW).
- Safeway (1423 NW Market St) is open 24 hours.
- Ballard Market (1400 NW 56th St) is open 24 hours.
- QFC (5700 24th Ave NW) is open 24 hours.
- The Old Pequliar Pub (1722 NW Market St) will be open from 12 noon – 2 a.m.
- Hattie’s Hat (5231 Ballard Ave NW) is open all day from 10 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Stoup Brewing (1108 NW 52nd St) is open from 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. Locals are welcome to bring their own food.
- Fair Trade Winds (5329 Ballard Ave) is open until 7 p.m.
- Kangaroo and Kiwi Pub (2026 NW Market St) will be open late and will be serving brunch until 3 p.m.
- All U.S. Post Offices
- Most major banks and credit unions
- All locations of The Seattle Public Library
- Ballard Neighborhood Service Center
- All Seattle Public Schools and district offices
Things to remember:
- On-street parking is free in the City of Seattle.
- All King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling pick-up will be on a normal schedule.
Do you know of any other events or information for Memorial Day in Ballard? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add the information to our post.