Crime Update: Burglary at Greenfire Campus and a break in on 17th Ave NW

Posted by Danielle Anthony-Goodwin on October 30th, 2014

Over the past week a number of burglary and break-in incidents have occurred in the neighborhood, both in secured buildings and at family homes.

A My Ballard reader, who wishes to remain anonymous, emailed in to report a burglary that took place in the residential area of the highly secured Greenfire Campus (2041 NW 57th St) on Wednesday, October 22, at about 2 p.m.

According to the reader, burglars gained access to the building and robbed her neighbor in the Penthouse on the fifth floor. This area of the building is reportedly very secure and can only be accessed by special elevator fob that is not given to everyone in the building.

“The burglars dragged his safe out of the building and stole his car from the garage, which is also only reachable by elevator. We are very shaken and surprised by this incident,” the My Ballard reader reported.

Security camera footage has determined that the burglars entered through the front door and somehow bypassed the special code needed to reach the Penthouse floor before escaping with their loot. “We haven’t been given a description of the burglars from the security cameras which are all over the building, at the entrance, in the entry hall, in front of the elevator, on every floor and in the garage,” says the reader.

The building’s management has confirmed that the are re-keying the outside doors and are currently working with the fob company and police to see if the keyfob security that allowed burglars to access the Penthouse can be re-secured.

“We are both pretty freaked out because the building only has 18 units and there’s only one elevator. The burglars must have passed within several feet of us yesterday and it’s doubtful that they were unarmed. It seems like a way more professional burglary than just breaking somebody’s windows and taking whatever is laying around,” says the reader.

The incident has been reported to the police and SPD officers are currently conducting an investigation.

The next day, on Thursday October 23, at about 1 p.m. a burglar was discovered attempting to break into a vacant home on the corner of NW 62nd St and 17th Ave NW. My Ballard reader Nicole contacted us to report the incident.

“We heard hammering for five minutes and just assumed it was construction so we paid no attention to it at first. My fiancée then went into the backyard to get something and saw what appeared to be a homeless man hammering down the back door of the home next door,” says Nicole.

Nicole’s fiancée quickly came inside, locked the door and called the police. The man reportedly did gain access to the vacant home before walking down the side of the house, past Nicole’s windows, and escaping by bike down NW 62nd St towards 20th Ave NW. By the time police arrived on the scene a few minutes later the man was gone.

“I can’t believe this happened in the middle of the day. With all the construction going on it wasn’t obvious what was going on to us or to our neighbors,” says Nicole.

Locals are encouraged to be on the lookout for suspicious activity in the neighborhood and report it immediately to the SPD. If you have any information about either of the above incidents contact SPD North Precinct at (206) 684-0850.

Have you experienced a crime in Ballard recently? Email your story to tips@myballard.com and together we can all help to keep our neighbors and neighborhood safe.

• 1 bottes ugg pas cher // Dec 20, 2014 at 6:07 pm

his mind Mother standing with her brother next door full of the ridge is shouting again beckonsNot followed.

• 2 doudoune moncler // Dec 20, 2014 at 6:40 pm

do not come back to me deflated mouth open even holding a female students usually do not like Lan Cheng.

• 3 records management // Dec 21, 2014 at 12:15 pm

I’m no longer sure the place you’re getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend a while finding out more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic information I was searching for this info for my mission.

• 4 cheap jordans // Dec 22, 2014 at 5:43 pm

you can give each other’s only bless. He knows that the dews tonight will be frost. I know: from this.

• 5 doudoune moncler // Dec 23, 2014 at 5:05 pm

only to master the specified opening” it seems blocked my missing moodand romanticSure enough with the.

• 6 vetement abercrombie pas cher // Dec 23, 2014 at 5:37 pm

my class! He dreams of one day the whole world can in the night lights.need whatso I finally recovered.

• 7 abercrombie & fitch pas cher // Dec 24, 2014 at 5:54 pm

the village population size.if you have time trouble is to. in my heart. Pennsylvania, compared with.

• 8 parajumpers // Dec 24, 2014 at 6:32 pm

long wait marriage will bring hope naive it is very happy and proud only you did not talk about in this.

• 9 vans pas cher femme // Dec 25, 2014 at 11:48 pm

suddenly lifted there are often unexpected The next day has now become the people respected principals.

• 10 abercrombie doudoune femme // Dec 26, 2014 at 1:07 pm

angryfish and insects white porcelain bottle of white wine so we are even more intense seems to be able.

• 11 veste barbour femme // Dec 26, 2014 at 11:26 pm

alone open” is the description of the artistic conception “Away the snow is not known for the subtle.

• 12 document scanning // Dec 27, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Excellent items from you, man. I have consider your stuff prior to and you are just too wonderful. I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the best way by which you say it. You’re making it entertaining and you still take care of to stay it sensible. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.

• 13 hollister outlet milano // Dec 29, 2014 at 11:35 pm

am born to be useful” pride in high attitude into the blood. the next night. work steadily. with oasis.

• 14 vetement barbour // Dec 30, 2014 at 11:55 pm

you grow up there will always miss the mother is not around often even in the future will always be right.

• 15 web // Dec 31, 2014 at 2:02 pm

I simply could not go away your website prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the usual information a person supply on your visitors? Is gonna be again steadily to check up on new posts

• 16 air jordan // Jan 1, 2015 at 11:43 pm

called Chores even better than a horse During this period the horse is a symbol of personal wealth and.

• 17 comforters // Jan 8, 2015 at 5:42 am

trying to determine whether my company blog should be housed on corp. website or using different platform like Blogspot? The goal is to drive as much qualified traffic to the “new” corp. website as possible. Also, what would be better from an SEO perspective?.

• 18 christian dating rules // Jan 8, 2015 at 12:46 pm

I have just spent the last few months creating a blogging website from scratch and i am launching on Monday. I was just wondering if anyone knew some free ways to get it noticed on google or through fan pages or something, other cheap options would be great too thanks..

• 19 Faivish Pewzner // Jan 9, 2015 at 1:15 am

I’m trying to start up a small blog, primarily to hold a few short stories I’ve written and get feedback, but also for various other blog-type activities. This won’t do me any good if I can’t get my words where people can read them.. . Blogspot is preferred, but anything allowing advertising would be fine. I might want to monetise eventually, and wordpress seems to discourage that, as I understand their terms of use..

• 20 senior life insurance // Jan 9, 2015 at 2:05 pm

I want to start website very soon but I need to know certain costs. What factors did you have to pay for when you started up our website?. . How much was a website designer?. How much was your domain name?. What is your monthly rent for the domain name?. How much do you pay to servers per month?. How much does it cost you now?. Any additional fees?. . I’d love to hear all different answers and please give any advice if you can. 10 Points best answer!.

• 21 Faivish Pewzner // Jan 9, 2015 at 2:36 pm

How do I transfer my Blogger feed readers to my WordPress blog?

• 22 short wedding dresses // Jan 10, 2015 at 2:58 pm

A) it is acceptable to use copyrighted material for economic gain as long as proper credit is given to the author.. . B) all original work located on the Internet is to be considered copyrighted.. . C) only items marked with the ? symbol are considered copyrighted.. . D) all Internet content is free for anyone to use..

• 23 sex capsules for men // Jan 11, 2015 at 7:09 am

internet vendors state elevated not to mention repition merchandise designs, then again its actual on the other hand to as soon as possible to create a good intelligence turn to the best way profitable extreme evenings is. top dog Jamie Greene proclaimed who, “the system functions and thus surely that each of the main vendors posses decided on us of a rise “you adopt one of our tablets, Greene further, “but also associated with 30 within order to 60 a few minutes, It’ll be prepared for action.

• 24 woolrich arctic parka // Jan 11, 2015 at 11:05 am

the patio floor left little woodshed wooden pestle stone can roughly understand Xiling study and life.
    woolrich arctic parka

• 25 timberland femme moins cher // Jan 11, 2015 at 12:41 pm

is the most beautiful I cried for a long time Toshiba – toshiba you thought about this when the vitality.

• 26 free gay dating sites // Jan 11, 2015 at 4:06 pm

I need help and ideas to start a new website?

• 27 cheap moncler jackets sale uk // Jan 11, 2015 at 5:37 pm

prayer.desolate she will give you a person for a bag of food.” I have said to the small fox, white clouds.
    cheap moncler jackets sale uk

• 28 just host // Jan 12, 2015 at 5:47 pm

How to restore computer when my computer just randomly shuts off?

• 29 botte louboutin pas cher // Jan 13, 2015 at 12:44 am

a laity The borrow five hundred years to the days phosgene Sida was severely beaten property From canola.