The spookiest night of the year is here and there is much to do in the neighborhood.
Check out the options below, add your home to the My Ballard map for local trick-or-treaters and have a very happy Halloween!
For the little ones:
- Downtown Ballard Trick-or-Treating – Head down to the heart of Ballard with your kids 12 years and under from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. for the annual trick-or-treating at local restaurants, stores and businesses.
- Halloween at Bastille Café and Bar (5307 Ballard Ave NW) – Chef Jason Stoneburner will be roasting a pig on the back patio, non-alcoholic and alcoholic cider will be available for $6 and roast pig sliders will be on offer from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Halloween at Bloom Restaurant (5410 17th Ave NW) will be offering free hot apple cider for kids from 4 p.m. – 6 pm, in addition to Trick or Treat candy. Their kitchen opens, as usual, at 5 p.m. for dinner.
- Donation Halloween Party at The Mailbox (2400 NW 80th St) – The team will be supporting Paws and Old Dog Haven with a donation drive during trick or treat hours from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. Fun activities will also be on offer for kids in costume.
- Haunted Driveway at 7522 20th Ave NW – There have been some strange happenings in the area. Quite a few pets have slinked onto the driveway’s cold concrete, but few are seen again. Some say it’s because of the original cat of the neighborhood, a mean ol’ cuss buried deep below the stone. Or maybe it’s the strange creature some have glimpsed in the moonlight, said to be half raccoon, half coyote and 100% ravenous. Or it’s a hex by the former parks superintendent, after our neighborhood protested the turfing of Loyal Heights field. But for whatever reason, some weird stuff is going on. Check it out. If you dare…
For the older gouls only:
- Halloween Party at the Swedish Club (1920 Dexter Ave N) – The party will be in full swing in Vasa Room from 8 p.m. featuring the Spyrographs, Agent Double-O-SOUL and DJ Vodka Twist. Cover charge $10.
- Halloween at Porkchop & Co. (5451 Leary Ave NW) – The team will be running happy hour all night ($4 Reuben’s Brews on tap) and hosting a hot dog extravaganza. They’ll be topping Olympic Provisions wieners with a few different options.
- Halloween Costume Party at the Kangaroo and Kiwi Pub (2026 NW Market St) – DJ will be spinning the tunes, free entry and $200 prize for best dressed in the costume competition.
- Annual Halloween Bash at The Old Pequliar (1722 NW Market St) – Prizes for best costumes will be awarded at midnight and HouseDJBo will keep guests on the dance floor all night! 21 and over event. No cover. From 9 p.m.
Is your business, restaurant or store doing something special for Halloween? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add it to the list.