Now that summer appears to be in full swing, Ballard’s weekend events are nothing short of plentiful. Here are some options for your weekend:
Friday, May 29
- Peddler Brewing Company Commute Champions Happy Hour, 5 – 8 p.m. – as part of the End of Bike Month Pedal Party, “vendors, demo bikes, food truck” and more!
- Ballard Fiddlers at the Ballard Homestead for a Fiddle Showcase. 6:30 p.m. (6541 Jones Ave NW) Featuring The Ballard Fiddlers, Rachel Nesvig, and The Barn Owls. All ages, mostly seated. Gabe Strand calling a Square Dance to end the evening. No partner needed, all dances taught! To get tickets click here.
Saturday, May 30
- Heron Chick Birthday Party, Commodore Park, 1-3 p.m. Meet the naturalists near the Ballard Locks on the Magnolia side to celebrate over 70 heron chicks that are joining the resident colony.
- Garage Sale Day: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Phinney Neighborhood Center (6532 Phinney Ave N) and throughout Ballard, Phinney, and Greenwood. “Shop, salvage and shred! Score a bargain at this community-wide event featuring more than 100 yard sales.” Use the PNA’s online interactive map or print map to find yard sales throughout the neighborhood and stop by the Phinney Center’s Flea Market and Tool Sale. New this year: shred up to four boxes of paper at Seadrunar Recycling’s shredding truck from 10 am-2 pm.
- Blood drive at Ballard First Lutheran Church: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Register with Sylvia Vikingstad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Market Street Singers present “Roll Over Beethoven!”: Ballard’s Market Street Singers will be performing at the University Christian Church (4731 15th Ave NE) at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday and 3 p.m. on Sunday. The singers will, “present a selection of new and rarely heard music, as well as Ludwig van Beethoven’s epically delightful Fantasy in C minor for Piano, Chorus, and Orchestra, commonly known as the ‘Choral Fantasy.’ Our accompanist, Ingrid Verhulsdonk, is the featured piano soloist for this challenging work, with a festival orchestra brought together for this special production.”
Sunday, May 31
- Summer Concerts at the Locks: Boeing Employees Concert Band, 2 p.m. in the botanical gardens. The concert is free and open to the public.
- King’s Hardware Summer Patio Party: From 3 p.m., King’s will have, “chili dogs, cornhole, and summer jams all day long.”
- Ballard Farmers Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Click here to see this week’s specials.