It’s a big weekend in Seattle, with the Pride Parade taking over downtown and the Greenwood Car Show just next door. On top of that, it’s going to be a very hot weekend, with the National Weather Service issuing an excessive heat warning.
Friday, June 26
- Live music at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Featuring Breaks and Swells and My Brothers and I. Tickets $8. Click here to purchase tickets and for more information.
- Live Music at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Featuring, The Swearengens, Lucky Lawrence and The Souvenirs and Jackrabbit. Tickets $10. Click here to purchase tickets and for more information.
Saturday, June 27
- Greenwood Car Show: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. A mile and a half of vintage and classic cars will fill Greenwood from Greenwood Ave N from N 67th St to N 90th St. About 40,000 people are expected to attend.
- Rainbow 1K Kids Fun Run: 9 a.m., starts at Ballard Community Center. “Join us for a 1K trot to celebrate the beautiful diversity of our friends and families. The run will include racing numbers, awards, treats and surprises. Everyone wins, just cross the finish line!” Registration is $20 – learn more here.
- Work party at Ballard Corners Park (17th Ave NW & NW 63rd Street) on 9 a.m. to noon, rain or shine. Some tools and refreshments will be provided. If you have your own gloves and tools please bring them. Any questions, please contact Gabriella: email@example.com or (206) 782-3238.
- Ballard Reuse First Anniversary Party. To celebrate, they will have a 20% off sale: “We will have games to play and customers can vote for the winners of our contest to design our next t-shirt.” Their nonprofit partners, Seattle Recreative, will be there from noon to 2 p.m. making giant bubbles and teaching people to make decoupage tile coasters. Balleywood Creamery will be giving away free scoops of ice cream, and Secret Sausage will be handing out free dogs and veggie dogs from noon to 3 p.m.
- Summer Concerts at the Ballard Locks Botanical Gardens: 2 p.m. Eastside Modern Jazz: A mix of Latin, Funk, Jazz-Rock fusion and Contemporary Jazz.
- Edible Food Garden Tour: Self-guided tour starts at West Woodland Elementary at 10 a.m. More info here.
- Live music at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Featuring St Paul De Vence, Planes on Paper . Tickets $10. Click here to purchase tickets and for more information.
- Live Music at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Featuring Polecat, The Wages of Sin, and The Hill Dog. Tickets $10. Click here to purchase tickets and for more information.
Sunday, June 28
- Summer Concerts at the Ballard Locks Botanical Gardens: 2 p.m. Pacific Cascade Big Band: Formerly known as the Microsoft Orchestra, an all-volunteer classical symphony orchestra.
- Ballard Farmer’s Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Click here to see this week’s specials.