The team at My Ballard would like to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving! We hope that you are enjoying the day and giving thanks for the special things and people in your life.
There are a ton of things happening in Ballard today so we wanted to keep readers up to date with everything in the 2015 Ballard Thanksgiving Roundup.
- 9th Annual Turkey Trot 5 km walk/jog/run is starting at 9 a.m. above Golden Gardens (32nd Ave NW and NW 85th St). All proceeds raised go to Ballard Food Bank. Over 3000 people are set to participate.
- Old Redeemer’s Lutheran Church (2400 NW 85th St) is offering a free Thanksgiving Lunch to all members of the community at 12 noon. Sleeping bags will also be distributed to those in need.
- Safeway (1423 NW Market St) is open 24 hours.
- Ballard Market (1400 NW 56th St) is open all day until 4 p.m.
- QFC (5700 24th Ave NW) is open all day until 6 p.m.
- Cupcake Royale (2052 NW Market St) is open from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Hattie’s Hat (5231 Ballard Ave NW) is open all day from 10 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Kangaroo and Kiwi (2026 NW Market St) will be open from 4 p.m.
- All US post offices
- Most major banks and credit unions
- Seattle Transfer stations
- Ballard Library
- Ballard Neighborhood Service Center (will remain closed through Saturday, November 28)
- All Seattle Parks and Recreation community centers including Ballard Pool
- Plan ahead if travelling along/nearby the Seattle Turkey Trot route. The event starts at 9 a.m. with staging on Loyal Way NW between 31st and 32nd Ave NW The event then moves south on 32nd Ave NW; west on NW 77th St; south on 34th Ave NW; west on NW 57th St; northwest on 37th Pl NW; north on the Burke-Gilman Trail and curb lane along the east side of Seaview Avenue NW; ending at Golden Gardens Park. Motorists can expect delays along the run route.
Things to remember:
- On-street parking is free in Seattle on Thanksgiving Day.
- King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a Sunday schedule Thanksgiving Day and will run on a reduced weekly schedule on Friday, November 27, with no UW campus service.
- Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling will not be picked up in Seattle on Thanksgiving Day. Collections scheduled for Thursday will occur on Friday, and Friday collections will occur on Saturday due to the Thanksgiving holiday. Please be sure to have your containers out by 7 a.m. to ensure collection.
Do you know of any other events or information for Thanksgiving Day 2015 in Ballard? Email us at email@example.com