Golden Beetle (1744 NW Market St) is fueling up for winter and inviting guests to celebrate December with some special offerings in the coming weeks. Join them for Repeal Day celebration, Saturday December 5th, a special Hanukkah menu, December 6th-14th, or just for some house made mulled wine and hot buttered rum.
Repeal Day, Saturday December 5 only
Golden Beetle is celebrating the end of Prohibition again- Repeal Day. The Golden Beetle bartenders have created a twist on older, Prohibition era cocktails; all $8. These include:
- Ward 8– rye, lemon, orange, house made grenadine
- Bacardi Cocktail– rum, lime, house made grenadine
- Tuxedo $2– gin, vermouth, cherry kirsch, absinthe
- Sidecar– brandy, triple sec, lemon
Their Hanukkah menu (starting at $5) includes:
- Potato Latkes: with house made apple sauce, creme fraiche and green onion; $7
- Matzo Ball Soup: with smoked chicken, carrot and parsley; $9
- Roasted Root Vegetables with parsnip, rutabaga and fingerling potato; $8
- Stuff Donuts: with persimmon filling and powdered sugar; $5
- Kosher Wines: Barkan, Cabernet Sauvignon, Galie, Israel ’13 and Barkan, Chardonnay, Galie, Israel ’13; $$11 each
Golden Beetle is also offering two holiday warmer drinks; mulled wine and hot buttered rum. They have “traditional mulled wine, fruit of the vine enhanced with the warm essence of spices, fruit, brandy, and takes it to the next level by adding the citrus element of sumac, a spicy kick of pink peppercorn, and even sea salt for a modern twist $9. House made hot buttered rum is a rich, delicious warmer for $11.”
For more information, visit their website.
Photo courtesy of Golden Beetle.