Can you believe it’s the last weekend in January already? Enjoy it at these fantastic events.
FRIDAY, January 29
- Bringing in Ballard Community Event at St Luke’s (5710 22nd Ave NW) from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Attendees will enjoy guitar music of Michael J Good, great snacks, an arts project attendees will have the chance to hear and share their stories of “Home in Ballard”.
- Live Music
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). 9 p.m. Tyrant Lizard, with trumpeter Ray Larsen, Carmen Rothwell (bass) and Gregg Belisle-Chi (guitar) – People People with Nick Rogstad (guitar/vocals) and Carmen Rothwell (bass/vocals) – plus Ryan Beckley (guitar) ($5 cover).
- The Bright Light Social Hour with James Supercave and Goodbye Heart at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $12.
- The Eagle Rock Gospel Singers, Lonely Mountain Lovers and Ghosts I’ve Met at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $12.
- Left Coast Country, Colonels of Truth and the Crossroads Exchange at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $8.
SATURDAY, January 30
- Ballard Blood Drive at Ballard First Lutheran Church (2006 NW 65th St) from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Walk ins welcome. Make sure to bring photo identification.
- Free electronics recycling event at Windermere Ballard (2636 NW Market St) from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Drop off electronics to be recycled for free including computers, stereos, TVs and more.
- Join the Dog Squad at Phinney Books (7405 Greenwood Ave N) at 2 p.m. Join four authors who write about dogs tell their stories and sign their books.
- Why Plates Is Good for Your Yoga Practice at Kula Movement Center (5340 Ballard Ave NW) from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. The team invites all yogis and yoginis to join the two-hour Pilates/yoga practical and experiential anatomy workshop. Cost is $40. Register online or call (206) 972-2999.
- Live Music
- Jefferson Rose Band, Dirty Revival and New Triumph at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $8.
- Portlandgrassicana: Fruition with McDougall at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $15.
- Los Morris, Strong Suits and Garth Reeves Band at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 9 p.m. Tickets $8.
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). 9 p.m. – The Harper Conspiracy – a conspiracy of fun and entertainment, with the family group The Ward Trio opening ($10 cover).
SUNDAY, January 31
- Ballard Farmer’s Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Screening of “Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark” (PG) at Ballard Library (5614 22nd Ave NW) from 1:30 p.m. Event is free.
- Danny Newcomb & the Sugarmakers at Sonic Boom Records (2209 NW Market St) from 4 p.m. Free all ages in store event.
- Live Music
- Open mic at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) sign-up at 7:30 p.m.
- NZ Alt-Country Folkgrass: Marlon Williams with Shelley Short at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 8 p.m. Tickets $12.
- Samantha Crain, The Local Strangers and Colorworks at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 8 p.m. Tickets $10.