Suspects arrested after 7-Eleven armed robbery

Posted by Danielle Anthony-Goodwin on March 28th, 2016

Update:

SPD officers updated the North Precinct blotter with the following information about the robbery:

Three suspects were arrested early this morning following an armed robbery with a shotgun at a 7-11 in Ballard.

Shortly after midnight officers responded to a 911 call of an armed robbery at the store located at NW 61st and 24th Avenue NW. The caller stated that a man with a shotgun had just robbed the store and left on foot with another accomplice. The clerk stated it was possible that the suspects left in a car.

Officers arrived quickly and spoke with the victim. The clerk stated that two masked men entered the store, one armed with a shotgun. The suspect with the shotgun struck the clerk in the back of the head during the robbery and left with an unknown amount of cash. Fortunately, the injury to the clerk was not serious.

While officers were interviewing the clerk, additional officers were searching the nearby neighborhood. Officers located a suspicious abandoned car at the corner of NW 70th and Jones Avenue NW. Officers could see a shotgun and cash inside the car. Clothing that matched the suspect’s attire was found just outside the car.

K9 officers responded to the car and began a track. The search ended up outside a house in the 7000 block of 24th Avenue NW. Officers located the suspects and they were taken into custody and transported to police headquarters where they were questioned by detectives.

Following the interviews, the 21-year-old and 18-year-old suspects were booked into the King County Jail for Investigation of Robbery, and a 14-year-old suspect was booked into the Youth Services Center for the same crime. This remains an active investigation.

Original Post:

According to a Kiro News report, SPD officers have arrested three suspects who were believed to be involved in an armed robbery at the Ballard 7-Eleven (6111 24th Ave NW) early this morning.

711

Police reported that the robbers walked into the store just after midnight on Monday morning and one had a shotgun.

After the robbery, the suspects reportedly fled the scene in a sliver four-door Toyota Corolla.

SPD officers tracked the group to a nearby house and took them into custody.

Photo courtesy of Kiro News.

• 1 Quinn // Mar 28, 2016 at 11:22 am

This appears to be a case of bad parenting, although I’m sure many of you will find a reason to blame homeless people.

• 2 Angela // Mar 28, 2016 at 11:24 am

Maybe these boys can get jobs protecting fearful Magnolia residents (after the commit a few more crimes of course).

#suckers

• 3 steve treadway // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:09 pm

Anything written by Erica barnett is suspect as she is a vindictive left win ding bat!

• 4 skipoar // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Everybody see this one?

The Yankee Diner safe lot in Ballard costs $35,059 per month, factoring in costs such as rent, site staff, water and electricity, and trash. The site also had a onetime cost of $24,689, which included infrastructure, power set-up, and the cost of towing several RVs from various locations to the safe lot.

With approximately 30 vehicles at the Yankee Diner lot, all this equates to about $1,750 per RV.

• 5 Cam // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:25 pm

I live on that block of 24th and woke up to a dog barking and noticed at least four cop cars. Good times!

• 6 Profile photo of JM98107 JM98107 // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:39 pm

@4 And the garbage piles are still under the north end of the Ballard bridge, next to the Leary Way 7-11 and next to the Quest church lot. Why haven’t these assorted bums been captured and moved?

• 7 Quinn // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Oh look, I was right.

surprise, surprise.

Probably the same parents complaining about trash and homeless who are negligent in raising their kids properly.

• 8 Profile photo of JM98107 JM98107 // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:51 pm

Aren’t there enough problems in the southend to keep the crank busy?

• 9 Ballardite // Mar 28, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Maybe this is about two young adults (and one kid) who made some bad decisions. Not bad parenting, not neighborhood decline, not homeless people, not the Mayor.

• 10 Biff Sparky // Mar 28, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Perhaps their EBT cards simply ran out and they needed $$. Don’t worry kiddies, Bernie will fix this problem too. Not their parents and not the mayor. After all, they have nothing to do with anything.

• 11 Fubar // Mar 28, 2016 at 3:06 pm

“The suspect with the shotgun struck the clerk in the back of the head ”

There’s a victim of a serious and violent crime involved, and the vast majority of comments on this article are making stupid jokes or changing the topic. I don’t want neighbors like this. I’m moving out of Ballard as soon as I can.

• 12 Cris // Mar 28, 2016 at 6:52 pm

Good lord, poor Bernie hasn’t even got the nomination and the Obama bashers are already blaming him for things.

I just want to send sympathy to the clerk, and kudos to the police for a job well done.

• 13 Chris // Mar 28, 2016 at 7:19 pm

I just want to say kudos to the clowns who robbed this store, then left the shotgun and other evidence blatantly sitting in the front seat so that a trained-monkey could’ve solved the crime.

• 14 Janice // Mar 28, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Well… they caught the guys.

And as usual, they’re getting all hysterical on Nextdoor as if the world is ending.

Welcome to the big city kids. If you don’t like it, move back to NYC or Vancouver, or wherever the hell you’re from.

• 15 Catherine // Mar 28, 2016 at 11:03 pm

RE “Hysterical on Nextdoor”… Janice… you and I must be looking at totally different Nextdoor views. I can see 7 neighborhoods – this robbery isn’t even mentioned… anywhere. Mostly things for sale and lost/found pets.

Alternate universes I guess. It just goes to show you what sweeping generalizations get you.

• 16 Mesclun & Claw // Mar 29, 2016 at 8:00 am

@ Catherine
    How are you able to see seven neighborhoods? I thought that wasn’t supposed to happen, and was one of Nextdoor’s selling points.

• 17 Janice // Mar 29, 2016 at 8:16 am

@Catherine,
    I am also curious which seven neighborhood feeds you receive that don’t have all the drama and profiling.

My group is Ballard but I have the surrounding 8 neighborhoods turned on (N. Sunset Hill, S. Sunset Hill, Loyal Sunset, Loyal Heights, Whittier Heights, Ballard North, Ballard South, and Magnolia.

The last group in particular seems most hysterical, although each of these neighborhoods has some real loonies

• 18 coryclassic // Mar 29, 2016 at 11:25 am

Good job SPD.

• 19 Catherine // Mar 29, 2016 at 3:26 pm

@Mesclun & Claw Nextdoor lets you see the neighborhoods directly adjacent to yours – it’s some feature you turn on in preferences.

My home is in what they call NorthBeach/Blue Ridge. I see: Sunset, Loyal/Sunset, Loyal Heights, Crown HIll, Crown Hill East, Greenwood (which is only north of 85th). I sometimes see Broadview posts for some reason I don’t understand. So I see nothing south of 65th/west of 15th. I see nothing south of 85th east of 15th. And I see nothing east of roughly Greenwood. And the map cuts off about 115th and Greenwood.

Because of the odd way ND has chopped up the city, I have no visibility into a neighborhood 12 blocks from me.

Anyway – generally pretty drama free up here – so I’m always amused when I hear about ND drama RE RVs… and the posts I see are about missing the Gobbe Shoppe and pets.

I think it drives home that there are a very few people on ND who are used by the Mayor or bloggers as the “typical” ND person to dismiss an entire sector of the city. Talk about stereotyping.

• 20 Semy // Mar 29, 2016 at 4:53 pm

high class

• 21 Nextdoor Neighbor // Mar 30, 2016 at 10:46 pm

I can see nine neighborhoods. The real drama on NextDoor comes from Ballard, Ballard North, Ballard South. There’s a lead there that really fuels the drama and tries to control the participants. the hysteria there is palpable. Erica Barnett posts excerpts that speak for themselves. Hysterical bigots.

• 22 Scott // Mar 31, 2016 at 9:39 am

Thank you SPD. I hope they all get a punishment that keeps them out of our community and provides an effective deterrent to their criminal friends.