The Seattle Fire Department responded to a fire at St. Paul’s United Church (6512 12th Avenue NW) at about 3 a.m. this morning.
According to a Komo News report, fire fighters responded to the blaze after a fire alarm went off and in response to neighbor’s 911 calls.
Firefighters have extinguished a fire at a church on the 6500 blk of 12th Ave NW.
— Seattle Fire Dept (@SeattleFire) March 29, 2016
Initially a number of engines responded as it was believed that someone may have been inside the building. However, on arrival fire fighters did not find anyone inside.
According to the report, once firefighters got the blaze in the boiler room under control, flames started to flare up in the walls. Crews went room to room to ensure all the embers were out.
According to a preliminary investigation by the SFD, the fire reportedly started in the boiler room in the basement.
At this stage, fire fighters have confirmed that the cause of the fire was accidental.