The sixth annual NW Green Home Tour is set for this Saturday, April 30, and Sunday, May 1, from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The self-guided tour will showcase local, sustainable, green homes and many of them are in our neighborhood.
This year five Ballard homes will be showcased on Sunday. Check out the specifics from the tour organizers below:
- Ballard Net-Zero-Energy Home (612 NW 60th St)
- 105-Year-Old Sustainable House (808 NW 64th St)
- Equal Exchange Espresso Bar (1400 NW 56th St)
- Drinking Rainwater in Ballard (7703 26th Ave NW)
- Grandma’s House – Carkeek Park Net Zero (10719 1st Ave NW – pictured above)
This year’s tour features over 20 homes all over Seattle, in addition to three Sustainability Stops, offering healthy refreshments, additional educational experiences, product demos, and discounts to tour goers.
“Our goal is to educate consumers about all ‘shades’ of green building,” says Wayne Apostolik, president of the NW EcoBuilding Guild, Seattle Chapter. “We want guests attending the tour to see what’s possible in all price ranges, home styles, and lifestyles.”
Click here to check out more details and to see the tour map. The event is free.
Photo courtesy of NW Green Home Tour.