Enjoy another weekend here in Ballard!
FRIDAY, June 24
- Park in the Heart childrens Art Classes at Ballard Commons Park (5701 22nd Ave NW) from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. The classes will allow children to experiment with color and each week will have a new theme. All are welcome and the event is free.
- Kiran Singing at Kula Movement (5340 Ballard Ave NW) from 7:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Singing kirtan is a form of yoga that connects the breath with mantra, one of the smoothest ways to transition into peaceful meditation. $10-$15 donation suggested. Register online or call (206) 972-2999.
- Live Music
- Dog House Prayers at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St) at 7 p.m. $10 cover.
- Mads Jacobsen, Gabriel Wolfchild and The Northern Light and Seacastle at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 9 p.m. Tickets $8.
- Barn Owls at Peddler Brewing Co. (1514 NW Leary Way) 7:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. No cover, all ages welcome.
SATURDAY, June 25
- 8th Annual Edible Garden Tour hosted by Sustainable Ballard starting at Ballard Community Center (6020 28th Ave NW) from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Self guided tour through 13 edible gardens in southwest Ballard. Cost is $10 (kids are free).
- Pre-Natal Yoga Class at Ballard Health and Wellness Center (1138 NW Market St) at 10 a.m. Class led by Nico Lund. Cost is $14, bring a yoga mat.
- Jim Page and Friends Music Jam and Sing Along Arts in the Park event at Ballard Commons (5701 22nd Ave NW) from noon – 2 p.m. Bring your voice, talent and instruments. Free event. All skill levels and all are welcome.
- Heron Habitat Helpers Chick Viewing Party at Commodore Park (330 W Commodore Way) from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Join the team for the last public viewing event of the season! Telescopes will be set up and locals will be able to ask questions about Seattle’s Official City Bird.
- Live Music
- John Whalen, Anna Elizabeth Laube and Vito and the One Eyed Jacks at Populuxe Brewing (826 NW 49th St) from 2 p.m. Food provided by Papa Bois Food Truck.
- Morrissey/Smiths Tribute and Love Vigilanties: New Order at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $15.
- The Great Um Temple Canyon, Brass Bed and Robb Benson at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 8:30 p.m. Tickets $10.
- Dorothy Rodes at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St) at 7 p.m. $10 cover.
SUNDAY, June 26
- Ballard Farmer’s Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Ballard Historical Society’s Classic Home Tour from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. This year’s slate features eight vintage houses that were built between 1900-1931. Tickets cost $20. Register online.
- Zumba Class at Ballard Elks (6411 Seaview Ave NW) from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. $5 suggested donation, all funds raised go to Ballard Elks charities. Classes are held on the 2nd and 4th Sundays each month.
- Free Film Screening – “Coraline” (PG) at Ballard Library (5614 22nd Ave NW) from 1:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Live Music