There is plenty to do in Ballard this New Year weekend. Enjoy!
FRIDAY, December 30
- Live Music
- Market St. Dixieland Jazz Band at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St) at 7 p.m. $10 cover. Boxwell/Feldman Group at 9 p.m. $10 cover/$7 students.
- The Local Strangers, Ole Tinder, Day Laborers and Petty Intellectuals at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW) 9 p.m. Tickets $10.
- Staticland, Duke Evers and The Family Curse at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9 p.m. Tickets $15.
SATURDAY, December 31
- Create Peace: New Year’s Eve at Kadampa Mediation Center (6556 24th Ave NW) from 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. $10. To pre-register, click the Registration tab below. Everyone welcome (no child program, but children are welcome to sit quietly with parents upstairs).
- Visioning and Collaging Your Intentions for the New Year at Amazing Grace Spiritual Center (2007 NW 61st St) from 5:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Participate in a visioning process to clarify your intentions for the coming year, then begin bringing them into being by creating a beautiful collaged Vision Board. Stay after for Gina Sala’s New Year’s Eve Global Chant/Kirtan event, from 9:30 p.m. – 12:15 a.m.
- NYE Bash at The Old Pequliar (1722 NW Market St) from 9 p.m. DJ Justin will play the tunes. No cover. 21+ over.
- NYE Black and White Masquerade Party at the Kangaroo and Kiwi Pub (2026 NW Market St) from 7 p.m. DJ, party favors and champagne toast.
- Live Music
SUNDAY, January 1