Plenty of events to choose from this weekend in Ballard, including the 14th Annual Sustainable Ballard Festival at the Ballard Commons Park. Also happening is the annual Olympic Manor garage sale on Saturday, and a special premiere showing of the Ship Canal documentary “Seattle’s Waterway to the World” at the Ballard Locks on Sunday.
Have a fantastic weekend in Ballard!
Friday, September 8
- Live Music
- Vito and the One Eyed Jacks, The Evergreen Shakers, and Sweet Lou’s Sour Mash at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm $8.
- Monqui Presents: Coast Modern w/ Salt Cathedral at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm. $14.
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). 7pm – Steve Treseler/Annie Booth Trio – Steve Treseler (sax/clarinet), Annie Booth (piano), Patrick McDevitt (bass) and Alejandro Castano (drums) ($10 cover). 9pm – Wellstone Conspiracy – Brent Jensen (sax), John Bishop (drums), Jeff Johnson (bass) and Bill Anschell (piano) ($12 cover).
Saturday, September 9
- Sustainable Ballard Festival at Ballard Commons Park, 11am to 4pm. The free festival will offer booths for birdhouse making, cider pressing, arts and crafts for kids, electric car tours, and more.
- Golden Gardens Forest Restoration, 9am to 12pm. Volunteers needed to restore the forest at Golden Gardens Park. Give something back to the community by enhancing the forest and making better wildlife habitat. Tools, gloves, and training are provided. Meet at restroom near parking lot for dog park. For info email Doug at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (206) 794-4520.
- Groundswell NW Parks and Projects Walking Tour, 1:30pm to 3pm. Join Groundswell NW veteran board member, Dave Boyd, on a unique guided walking tour of Groundswell NW supported parks and projects. Learn about the history of growing parks and improving natural habitat in the Ballard neighborhood and discuss the current challenges our city faces as the availability of new green space is affected by the increased demands of density. To join, meet at the Sustainable Ballard Festival at the Groundswell NW booth.
- Ballard ArtWalk, 6pm to 9pm. Enjoy live music, live painting, art installations, and other wonderful works of art at many shops in the heart of Ballard. Bring your friends and make a night out of it with art, music, and food in walkable Ballard. This is a free community event and all are welcome!
- Olympic Manor Garage Sale, 9am to 2pm. One of Seattle’s oldest annual neighborhood garage sales. Enter off NW85 at 23rd NW or 21st NW, or off NW90 at 15NW or 24NW.
- Live Music
- Dumb Thums, Ezza Rose, and Pampa at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm $8.
- Nashville Rockers: Thelma & The Sleaze w/ DoNormaal, Bad Saint, WIldcat Rose at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm. $10.
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). 7pm – Lady ‘A’ and her Backporch Blues Showcase ($12 cover). 9pm – Joy Mills and Tom Parker – European tour send-off show – with special guest Lucien La Motte ($8 cover)
Sunday, September 10
- Premiere of “Seattle’s Waterway to the World” at the Ballard Locks Visitor Center. 1:30 to 3:30 pm. Filmmaker Vaun Raymond will present his 60-minute documentary on the Ship Canal, along with other guest speakers.
- Ballard Farmer’s Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Click here to see this week’s specials.
- Free zumba and fitness class at Ballard Commons Park, 11am. Led by Ballard Health Club.
- Live Music