Another busy weekend for Ballard, with several community events on Saturday. The highlights this weekend are the Adventure Race for Parkinson’s, which is a neighborhood-wide scavenger hunt that aims to raise money for Parkinson’s research; the Dick’s Drive-In Walkathon; and Lucky Envelope Brewing’s Mid Autumn Festival, to celebrate the fall harvest.
Have a great weekend in Ballard!
Friday, September 29:
- Live Music:
- The Requisite, Tiger Rider, Sebastian and The Deep Blue at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW), 9pm, $10.
- Warren Dunes, Danger Bird, and Niagra Moon at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm $8.
- Good Canadian Folk: Elliott Brood w/ Evening Bell & Lydia Ramsey at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm. $20.
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). 7pm – Night-n-Gale – Carrie Wicks (vocals) [Website], Aria Prame (vocals), Nick Allison (keys), Greg Feingold (bass) and Jamael Nance (drums) ($12 cover). 9pm – Namlu’u Jazz Band [Website] – with Darien Asplund (sax), Scotty Bemis (piano), Ryan Donnelly (bass) and Will Lone (drums) ($10 cover)
Saturday, September 30:
- Dick’s Drive-In Walkathon, 10am to 8pm. Join two Ballardites as they walk to each Seattle Dick’s locations, raising money for local homeless organization.
- Lucky Envelope Brewing Mid-Autumn Festival. The first 30 guests who stop in on the day of the event will receive a lucky envelope with a special coupon. In addition Lucky Envelope will also be serving free mooncakes, while supplies last.
- Adventure Race for Parkinson’s, a Ballard scavenger hunt to raise money for Parkinson’s research. The race starts at 1pm at Trident Seafoods (5303 Shilshole Avenue NW). Learn more here.
- Live Music:
- Samurai Del, CiDi (DJ Set), Sendai Era at Sunset Tavern (5433 Ballard Ave NW), 9pm, $10.
- 30th Annual Rockabilly Ball at Conor Byrne Pub (5140 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm, $30.
- KEXP Presents The Dream Syndicate w/ Eyelids at Tractor Tavern (5213 Ballard Ave NW) at 9pm. $20.
- Jazz at Egan’s Ballard Jam House (1707 NW Market St). 7pm – The Overton Berry Ensemble – Overton Berry (piano), Jeff Davies (bass), Rick Spano (drums) and special guest artist Bernie Jacobs Jr. (sax/flute/vocals) ($15 cover/$25 for both shows)
9pm – The Overton Berry Ensemble (Second Show) ($15 cover)
Sunday, October 1:
- Ballard Farmer’s Market along Ballard Ave from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Click here to see this week’s specials.
- Live Music