Update: It was a rainy Turkey Trot this morning, but all for a great cause — and just think of all the calories everyone can eat now! Here’s a video of runners heading down Sunset Hill:
Earlier: The 11th annual Turkey Trot kicks off at 9 a.m. in Sunset Hill. Several thousand runners and joggers will gather at 85th and 32nd, head south on 34th, then back north on Seaview to Golden Gardens. Here’s the map. The event is a fundraiser for the Ballard Food Bank.
Here’s a partial (and growing) list of Ballard establishments that will be open. Please leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of any others we missed.
– Ballard Market will be open, but will close early at 4 p.m.
– Fred Meyer will be open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
– The Old Pequliar (1722 NW Market St.) opens at noon, and the kitchen opens at 4 p.m.
– The Crooked Nail (1556 NW 56th St.) will open at 3 p.m.
– Fitzgerald’s sports bar (5811 24th Ave. NW) will open at 6 p.m.
– The Lockspot Cafe (3005 NW 54th St.) opens at 4 p.m.
– Royal Drummer Cafe (6420 24th Ave.) is open, but closing early ~ 2 p.m.
– The Stepping Stone (5903 24th Ave.) opens at 6 p.m.
– Cafe Bambino (405 NW 65th St.) is open from 8 a.m. to noon
– Hattie’s Hat is open normal hours, serves Thanksgiving at 3 p.m.
– Kings Hardware will be open at 7 p.m.
– Ballard Coffee Works (2060 NW Market St.) is open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– The annual Ray’s Boathouse Thanksgiving buffet may be sold out, so call ahead
Have a very happy Thanksgiving everyone!