Perhaps you’re doing some last-minute shopping, seeing Macklemore at the Key on Friday or Saturday night or checking out the holiday displays at Olympic Manor (above). But other than that, here’s what’s happening around the neighborhood this holiday weekend. Have fun out there!
Friday, Dec. 22
- Live music:
- Caroling with Dude York at Sonic Boom Records, 7 p.m.
- A Hip-Hop Holiday Special: Sir Mix-A-Lot and Guests play at Nectar in Fremont, tonight and tomorrow night, 8 p.m., $22-30
- SOLD OUT: Pedro the Lion, Advance Base at the Tractor, 8 p.m.
- Double Country and Uncle Half Step’s Country Christmas Show playing at Conor Byrne, 9 p.m., $8
- Norman Baker & the Backroads, The Bleeding Heart Revue, Tennis Pro at Sunset Tavern, 9 p.m., $10
Saturday, Dec. 23
- Love cheese? Alison Leber’s The Roving Cheese Shop is popping up at Brimmer and Heeltap between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. (Read this Seattle Mag write-up about it.)
- Peddler Brewing is hosting Pints for Pups, a fundraiser for the Seattle Animal Shelter. Bring a toy, treats, blankets or food for the adoptable pets and get a $1 off a pint. 1-4 p.m.
- Learn how to turn a piece of old wood into a rustic wood sign at Domanico Cellars, 6-9 p.m., $45, all supplies included
- Live music:
- A Hip-Hop Holiday Special: Sir Mix-A-Lot and Guests play at Nectar, 8 p.m., $22-30
- Planes on Paper, Warren Dunes, Evan Flory-Barnes at Sunset Tavern, 9 p.m., $10
- Christmas Sing-along at Conor Byrne, 9-11 p.m., $8
- A Very Country Christmas, a benefit for Mary’s Place, at the Tractor, 9 p.m., $10
Sunday, Dec. 24
- The Ballard Farmers Market will be open in Old Ballard, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (closes one hour early)
- All alone for the holidays? It’s the Populuxe 3rd Annual Orphans’ Night with a potluck, live acoustic music, and a special beer selection, Populuxe Brewing, 6-9 p.m.
- Ray’s Boathouse is serving up its annual Christmas Eve (and Christmas) dinners, 2-8 p.m.