Here’s what’s happening in Ballard (and beyond) this Labor Day:
- Ballard Elks Club will host their annual car show on Labor Day (Sept. 3)from 8am to 3pm at the Elks Lodge.
- Li’l Woody’s will be giving away free hamburgers on Labor Day between 2 and 5 p.m. at their Capitol Hill and Ballard (2040 NW Market Street) locations. Limit one per customer.
- Bumbershoot in Seattle Center (Aug. 31 – Sept. 3)
- Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) at the Washington State Convention Center (Aug. 31 – Sept. 3)
- Washington State Fair in Puyallup (Aug. 31 – Sept. 23)
- Evergreen State Fair in Monroe (Aug. 23 – Sept. 3)
- All U.S. Post Offices
- Most major banks and credit unions
- All locations of The Seattle Public Library
- Ballard Neighborhood Service Center
- All Seattle Public Schools and district offices
- Some Seattle Parks facilities, including community centers, environmental learning centers, indoor swimming pools, Green Lake Small Craft Center, Mt. Baker Rowing and Sailing Center, and the Amy Yee Tennis Center. The following will remain open: golf courses, boat ramps, beaches (Matthews, Madison, Mt. Baker, Seward, West Green Lake), Lowery C. “Pop” Mounger Pool, Colman Pool, wading pools (Green Lake, Lincoln Park, Van Asselt, Volunteer Park), spray Parks.
Things to remember:
- On-street parking is free in the City of Seattle.
- All King County Metro Transit bus routes are operating on a Sunday schedule.
- Garbage, food and yard waste, and recycling pick-up will be on a normal schedule.
Do you know of any other events or information for Labor Day in Ballard? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add the information to our post.